Mental Health Forums

Here I Am! Here I Am!

kib0ne

Hi there,

I'm new to the site, and pretty new to my diagnosis of BPD. However I've had this way of life for some time now.

My name's Lisa, I'm 18. I live in Leicester but moved here from Kent two years ago, previous to my stay there I was living in London with my family. We all moved to kent 2gether but then I put myself in the 'care' of the local authority, I get on really well with my last foster mum and we visit each other. I moved to Leicester though to kinda make a fresh start, I came up here on my own. I had a lot of opportunities here to, that i wouldnt have down there. I've got a bf here and we're moving in together hopefully next month: could be interesting!

I've had depressive symptoms probably from the age of 11, I think it was mainly to do with family problems and the issues that arose from that. Along the way i've aquired quite a few BPD traits and eventually maybe when I was 16 I was diagnosed with BPD, but i only found out recently (months) by overlooking my dr's notes. When I asked they said something like it just means you have different needs" or something along those lines; not very helpful. So i'm doing my own research now, it was a bit disheartening bc when I was young my Dad was diagnosed with an illness and nobody told me about that, i found something which had his diagnosis on it and did my own research then, to find out it was terminal. I felt alone in that, but now i've started research on BPD theres lots of ppl out there that can relate to me (which i find difficult to say) and my prognosis isn't that bad i.e. I can improve.

I was in psychotherapy for 3 yrs before i moved to leicester. and it came to a mutual end. I saw a variety of other psychiatrists counsellers and nurses too. I moved here and straight away got myself into an abusive relationship, and started slipping. I guess me and my therapist thought I was in a good place but really I wasn't better. I know i will get there.

Anyway enough waffeling!

well i'm on the sick now, so i have 4 whole months to, surf the net and post messages on this site.

Thanks for reading and dn't be afraid to message me bc i dont bite hard!

Lisa :D

Archived