Mental Health Forums

I'm New....since A Few Days

Tournesol

Hi to all,

I'm a single parent (1 yr now), 37, with a 3yrs old son, I've been reading and chatting with a few of you for a couple of day and feel at ease here...finally!

I've been dx bipolar (or told so by by psydoc...found out when reading transcripts of his files that he considered me BPD all along w/o telling me...) and recently BPD...it was a shock since I was told that BPD was the "last ressources dx...when they don't know where to put you in...

When I confronted him with it he told me that was his dx all along.... I was just not not responding to 'standard' treatments.

Well, I've stopped labelling and are now focusing on hoe can I get better. I must admit that BPD is a lot more accurate than the Bipolar dx I was given yrs ago. I tried analysing and acting on my moods so they would not interfere with my 'regular life' ; if I can call what was and still is my life so far?

By trying to understand what was BPD, I found it fitted me to a T. How come he could/wouldn't tell me? Bad stigma...I'm way past that with eminemt loss of a very good good job....still waiting for capacity to return to work evaluation in late Feb.

It has been the most frustrating thing since having to listen to my parents when I was a teenager, and has now become my battle to understand myself as an adult. Deep down I know I didn't change, the stucture around me changed and I beleived I could rely on it as I did my parents.... it didn't happened so I got disorganized and have to get myself back up...

The meds did not much and I didn't care for them if the effect was not immediate so I stopped eventually and am now learning to cope wwith an axiolytic only and change my "tinted" eyeglases. Not easy, really not but at least I know what I feel is real instead of self-injury and all. I have my son to think of and he his the best thing that could have happened to me, he was desired, is loved and gives me hope and structure in life. I can express the wildest dream with him and still be totally grounded...what med woul have done that?!

It is late and I'm probably not making much sense but I felt like sharing for once, tomorrow is anotherday...I mght feel too tired from staying up late!

I just wanted to leave a note so not to be a stranger alwys lurking, I do get a lot from this site and am telling my docs that I don't beleive in giving up yet.

Thanks for your support

Val.

hey val,

thanks for such an encouraging post. i am glad you joined us instead of just lurking. we need new ideas and input.

you son sounds great! there is nothing like a 3 year old to fantize with. i love them. everyday they learn something new. and they are so sweet and loving.

glad to hear from you and looking forward to more posts.

bets

Archived