Mental Health Forums

Pain Pills

nomad2020

Last Thursday I had 7 teeth pulled 4 wisdom and 3 others. The first day was fine, I was put under and it took a good day or so for the anesthesia to fully wear off from me. Since then the pain instead of getting better, on one portion of my jaw (lower left) has gotten worse the past day or two. I have an appointment on Thursday. The problem I have is that I am in rather severe pain with it and am out of pain killers. I don't know if i should ask for more, or at least something else. I just feel like I'd be coming off as a fiend or something. I don't like to ask for things :( If i were to call up the doc and ask for something before the appointment would i be just coming off as a junkie?

if you're in pain then you're in pain. screw what people think and just get more. if you need more pain killers doesn't mean your a junkie just that you have a low tolerance for pain. hope you feel better soon :) :hug2:

I seriously doubt your doc will think of you as a junkie. Even if you have a illicit drug history you would be entitled to pain relief anyway. If you are in pain, you need to have this addressed. Dental surgery often causes extreme pain in the aftermath. I would definitely be seeing your doc again.

Hey -

If you are in pain, then yes call the docs office. There is no reason for

you to be in pain. I am sure they will understand, they do know how many

teeth you had taken out.

March

Well I had my appointment pushed up to yesterday. According to him it's not dry socket just painful. When I asked him about getting something for it he told me "He wasn't comfortable giving me anything more" So I'm just to grin and bear it I guess. I guess I do look like a junkie :ninja:.

Is there another doctor you can see? Or go back to him? I don't think it's on that you're denied pain relief because he's not 'comfortable'.

Archived