Mental Health Forums

My Sister. Please Pray For Her. Please.

Lance

I need your prayers people. Please.

I don't know how long this post will be, but I hope you can take a minute or two to read.

My sister isn't doing too good right now. I'll give a brief history of her last few years. Back in 2004, it was comfirmed that she had ulcerative collitus. For those that don't know, that's ulcers inside her large intestines, similar to chrones. It was passed down from my dad who also has it. Unfortunately, it affected her really bad, and the only way to get rid of them was to remove her large intestines all together. So that was operation number one. She had an external bag placed on her stomach which would then be her passage to get rid of waste. She couldn't give a shit anymore, quite literally.

She kept the bag for 2 years. The op made her lose so much weight, looked like a skeleton. Eventually, her body had healed enough to have a reversal, to reconnect the remaining few inches of intestine back to the correct exit. She went in for the op beginning of last year. Everything seemed to go well, until a 2 days into recovery. Her left lung collpased and shrunk to the size of a tenis ball. The surgeon had left a hole... Toxic waste was leaking into her body, and found its way to her lungs. If she had carried on without treatment for a further 24 hours, she would have died from poisoning.

So, they took her straight back to the theatre and ripped her open again. They had to put the bag back on. Her poor insides were so raw and swolen, they didn't know what was going on. We didn't think she could make it, she had no fat left on her body at all, nothing to fight it. She had to have 2 oeprations of tearing her guts out, all for fucking nothing. In with a bag, out with a bag. Pointless. Fucking surgeon neglect, we could have killed the cunt.

But she pulled through. 2 weeks ago, it was time for another try, with a new surgeon. The op was a success and she came home. But 2 days ago, it was her birthday, and once again, she ran straight into another major problem. It's a natural occurance that can't be stopped or predicted. Her intestines have connected themselves to her vagina output. Her waste is now pouring from the front, with no control. This is a humongous problem. There is high risk of infection and once again, poisoning. What's worse? There is currently no surgical operation that can fix this. When she told the doctor what had happened, his face crumbled. There's nothing that can be done. Sometimes, the problem can correct itself, but if it doesn't, it gets worse.

My sister knows everything about the body. She has spent the last 5 years at university working so hard to become a nurse. She wants to work in the theatre during ops. She has a heart of gold when it comes to patient care, trully. She offers not only sympathy, but empathy, as she has been through first-hand what they have. It's so sad that this is happening to her, after everything she has tried so hard to accomplish.

The doctor came to see her on Tuesday, he said she had to get into hospital within 24 hours. She did, but guess what, the ignorant fucking idiots at the shit hole of a hospital told her they couldn't find anything wrong without doing an xray. So she waited there all night, just to be told in the morning that they couldn't perform one incase she was pregnant. WTF? Thing is, her periods have been playing up because of all the problems she has, so they said that it could be because shes pregnant. Impossible in her situation, believe me. Her womb is damaged anyway. So after all that waste of time, she came home feeling so neglected and ill-treated. The doctor that came to see her before was horrified when he found out they dismissed her. He bent over backwards to track down the surgeon as only he could say what to do next. He managed to get her to see him on this Friday coming. But there's a chance it could be too late by then. I feel it, we all do. She is being poisoned right now as she sleeps. Shit.

sister.jpg

This is her and me 16 years ago. She is 35 now. She used to be so healthy. I look at this photo and just cry, like now. There is so much love in our hand placements; mine gently resting on her thigh, hers just keeping me safe. I don't want to lose her, not now, not after she's struggled so much. I love her too much. When I think about the possibilty of her not pulling through, I suddenly feel like a child again. I don't know why. I just wish we could go back to that moment so I could turn and hold her, back when she was healthy. :(

Please people, please pray for her. I don't want to lose my sister. She is so low right now, it's so painful to see her, and to hear her cry so much. It's all starting to hit me so hard. I'm trying to keep strong, but that only holds for so long.

I love you Hayley and I always will.

Your lil' bro, Lance. Xx

Both your sister, and you are on my thoughts Lance.

Already told you about the positive thoughts/energy, and I'll be trying a few prayers for her too.

Chin up, my dear Lance. It's not over. Keep fighting, help her stay strong.

Let her know how much you love her.

Love,

Lynn

I need your prayers people. Please.

I don't know how long this post will be, but I hope you can take a minute or two to read.

My sister isn't doing too good right now. I'll give a brief history of her last few years. Back in 2004, it was comfirmed that she had ulcerative collitus. For those that don't know, that's ulcers inside her large intestines, similar to chrones. It was passed down from my dad who also has it. Unfortunately, it affected her really bad, and the only way to get rid of them was to remove her large intestines all together. So that was operation number one. She had an external bag placed on her stomach which would then be her passage to get rid of waste. She couldn't give a shit anymore, quite literally.

She kept the bag for 2 years. The op made her lose so much weight, looked like a skeleton. Eventually, her body had healed enough to have a reversal, to reconnect the remaining few inches of intestine back to the correct exit. She went in for the op beginning of last year. Everything seemed to go well, until a 2 days into recovery. Her left lung collpased and shrunk to the size of a tenis ball. The surgeon had left a hole... Toxic waste was leaking into her body, and found its way to her lungs. If she had carried on without treatment for a further 24 hours, she would have died from poisoning.

So, they took her straight back to the theatre and ripped her open again. They had to put the bag back on. Her poor insides were so raw and swolen, they didn't know what was going on. We didn't think she could make it, she had no fat left on her body at all, nothing to fight it. She had to have 2 oeprations of tearing her guts out, all for fucking nothing. In with a bag, out with a bag. Pointless. Fucking surgeon neglect, we could have killed the cunt.

But she pulled through. 2 weeks ago, it was time for another try, with a new surgeon. The op was a success and she came home. But 2 days ago, it was her birthday, and once again, she ran straight into another major problem. It's a natural occurance that can't be stopped or predicted. Her intestines have connected themselves to her vagina output. Her waste is now pouring from the front, with no control. This is a humongous problem. There is high risk of infection and once again, poisoning. What's worse? There is currently no surgical operation that can fix this. When she told the doctor what had happened, his face crumbled. There's nothing that can be done. Sometimes, the problem can correct itself, but if it doesn't, it gets worse.

My sister knows everything about the body. She has spent the last 5 years at university working so hard to become a nurse. She wants to work in the theatre during ops. She has a heart of gold when it comes to patient care, trully. She offers not only sympathy, but empathy, as she has been through first-hand what they have. It's so sad that this is happening to her, after everything she has tried so hard to accomplish.

The doctor came to see her on Tuesday, he said she had to get into hospital within 24 hours. She did, but guess what, the ignorant fucking idiots at the shit hole of a hospital told her they couldn't find anything wrong without doing an xray. So she waited there all night, just to be told in the morning that they couldn't perform one incase she was pregnant. WTF? Thing is, her periods have been playing up because of all the problems she has, so they said that it could be because shes pregnant. Impossible in her situation, believe me. Her womb is damaged anyway. So after all that waste of time, she came home feeling so neglected and ill-treated. The doctor that came to see her before was horrified when he found out they dismissed her. He bent over backwards to track down the surgeon as only he could say what to do next. He managed to get her to see him on this Friday coming. But there's a chance it could be too late by then. I feel it, we all do. She is being poisoned right now as she sleeps. Shit.

sister.jpg

This is her and me 16 years ago. She is 35 now. She used to be so healthy. I look at this photo and just cry, like now. There is so much love in our hand placements; mine gently resting on her thigh, hers just keeping me safe. I don't want to lose her, not now, not after she's struggled so much. I love her too much. When I think about the possibilty of her not pulling through, I suddenly feel like a child again. I don't know why. I just wish we could go back to that moment so I could turn and hold her, back when she was healthy. :(

Please people, please pray for her. I don't want to lose my sister. She is so low right now, it's so painful to see her, and to hear her cry so much. It's all starting to hit me so hard. I'm trying to keep strong, but that only holds for so long.

I love you Hayley and I always will.

Your lil' bro, Lance. Xx

That's horrible!!! My prayers are with you and your family!

We laugh so much together sis. Every time we meet, we end up in histerics over the most random things. But now, when I come to see you, I have to be careful not to crack a joke or make a dick of myself incase you laugh, it puts you in so much agony physically. We never could talk about serious things, always the brighter side of life, the funny side. What do we do now we can't? I sit there watching you frown in pain, looking up at the ceiling. My eyes fill with tears when you look away.

I wish you could have my body Hayley. It's not perfect, but it will keep you here with me. I want to laugh with you again. I want to ride rollercoasters with you again, and laugh at our on-ride photos as we try so hard to keep a normal straight face while traveling through a loop at 60 mph. Remember the time on Velocity when we posed for the camera while casually yawning and looking crazy bored, even though we were being hurled down a track? Remember the one where I leaned back so much with a huge cheesey face, that I completely blocked out the guy behind me, all you could see was a tufft of his hair. He was so pissed off that he couldn't be seen on any of the ride shots and couldn't buy it, but we laughed sooo much at it.

Remember when I went to take a sip of my drink and I completely missed my mouth and poured it all over my legs? And you just happened to turn to look at me at that very second. You screamed with laughing at my misfortune. You always do, and that's what I love about our humour.

Remember when I sat down on that wall ledge and put my hands behind me. I said "wtf, it smells like poo". I pulled my hands back around and saw a clump of dog crap on my little finger. You literally pissed yourself laughing. I joined you. Took forever to calm down from that one.

Remember when you bought that new shiny chrome kettle, and I put my face really close to it because it was so reflective and I thought it was sooo cool I could see myself. Then I got just a little too close and burnt the end of my nose and left a smear on it. That shit was hillarious.

Remember when we laughed Hayley? Like, every day. Remember.

Keep with me sis. I need you. We all need you. Don't let this last thing beat you. I wish I coul take this agony from you. I would willingly switch places. I look up to you Hayley, I always have. You're a gem. You will help so many people in your future with your career. The patients adore you, you're not like any of the other nurses. You know how it feels.

I heard mum crying earlier. I wanted to go comfort her, but I didn't. I should have done. I should have come to see you today, but I didn't. I should have done so much more to help, but I didn't. Forgive me Hayles, I love you so much.

I can't sleep tonight. I can't help thinking you won't wake up. Gosh I wish I was with you right now. I still haven't told you about myself. I've always wanted to. I long to hear you tell me everything will be OK. I secretly treasure every moment we have together, wishing it could last forever. I never tell you that though. We just laugh. How about we go for a meal when you're cool again, I'll buy. We can sit and talk properly together. I want you to know who I am.

I feel like I'm 4 years old again tonight. I've kept my emotions in about you for so long. It's all hitting me in one go. I feel so fucking useless. You're laying there right now, slowly being poisoned. Every second that passes could very well be a countdown to a final infection. Your immune system is failing rapidly. We have to do everything we can to keep you safe.

Heh, I still owe you £20 for those computer parts. I'll give you that tomorrow. I still owe you for your last birthday too, I couldn't afford to get you a present, so I said I would write you a piano piece and play it for you. You're still waiting for that too. I play my piano every day, but never decide to write you something. I suck major fucking balls at keeping my promises. You deserve better from me.

You, me, and our bro, Adam; we're a cool fucking trio we are. Lol! Can't be a trio without 3 of us. You hang in there sis, you find that strength from somewhere. Take mine, take all of ours. Tomorrow is always there waiting for you.

These tears I'm crying, don't worry about them. Instead, just laugh at my misfortune of them ruining my cigarette as theyve just soaked the filter so much that it's no unsmokeable. Lol, I'm pretty sure you would laugh at how it's flopping from my lips. Your kinda humour Hayley, your kinda humour.

Lance -

My heart goes out to you and your family. I will keep your sister in

my thoughts. Your writings are from the heart, and you really are a special

person. I am sure your sister would agree with that. Talk to you soon,

take care of you too.

March

Sending you hope for the best.

I hate that I cant take away all the pain.

treasure that picture. it is beautiful and really shows your love for one another.

Thank you all.

Been with her today. Helped out as much as I could. Did a huge load of ironing for her, cooked her food etc. She looks so unhealthy. She just needs to last this one more night, but I think it's taken its toll already, like lots. And besides, tomorrow is only another check for problems, I don't think anything will be done. So it's not over by a long shot. Aahh....

I'm getting pretty distressed about this. I've stopped eating (yeah yeah I know, just eat...). I dono, I just can't bring myself to stomach anything. Didn't get to bed until 6 this morning. Stress man, stress. Not cool at all :(

Peace, Lance

A beautiful picture of you and your sister.

I will pray for her and your family, take good care of yourself, you are a wonderful brother.

Fairy xxx

lance sweetie,

im so sorry your sister is so ill atm i will keep her in my thoughts and ask my mum to light her candle

for ye. i really hope she recovers and your a wonderful brother. your writhing always really touch me.

thinking of you and hoping your sister has a speedy recovery

:hug2:

Thanks so much everybody. I really appreciate all of this. I'm about to take her into hospital now. Great weather, pissing down with rain, dark clouds, proper cold. Couldn't be any more dismal. Meh, whatever. Here we go. Thanks again people.

P.S. Thanks to whoever corrected the topic title :)

Peace, Lance

Thanks so much everybody. I really appreciate all of this. I'm about to take her into hospital now. Great weather, pissing down with rain, dark clouds, proper cold. Couldn't be any more dismal. Meh, whatever. Here we go. Thanks again people.

P.S. Thanks to whoever corrected the topic title :)

Peace, Lance

I'll be thinking of you and your sister. I hope everything goes okay at the hospital. Please let us know. xx

Lance,,

Thinking about your big sister all week. I have full blown anxiety attacks when I think anything is wrong with my sissy.

I checked this post this morning to see if there were updates, thanks for letting us know. Don't forget to update us.

Hey lance,

God what your sister has and is going through is terrible. You are both in my heart and in my prays. When I go to church on sunday I will really really pray for you both.

sunx

Latest news: She has to fucking ripped open AGAIN. Why? They have to put the bag BACK ON. Once again EVERYTHING FOR FUCKIONG NOTHING. BACK TO SQUARE ONE. Her stomach is nearly completely brown and fucked. Shes so skinny, no fat on her at all. Her and my mum burst out crying when they got told she'd have to go under the op knife AGAIN. Her wound has just begun to heal, and has to be opened. They're running out of ideas. Seems like every time she has it removed, there's a complication. Bag back on means more agony, more embarrassment, and what's worst, MORE OPERATIONS ON THE SAME DAMN PART of her body. There's nothing left. Her immune system doesn't work, getting a common cold could kill her. She can't sleep because she's waking up every 30 mins because she's leaked shit everywhere. So no energy, no sleep, no soul. She's even sarted to write her will. A fucking will. I hate that. There's no way her body can last this. Not again. These ops just aren't working and the more they do them, the more the body is failing to recover. Each one makes it worse, and there is less and less intestine to do it's job. They're constnatly stretching a pulling on them and slicing.

What's more, she think her liver is now poisoned from waiting so long with this. She now has a constant agony from it which she describes as a knife attack over and over again in the same hole. So her liver is failing now too.

Hope? Fuck hope. Fuck life. She doesn't want to live, she CAN'T live. There is no good anything to look at, no good side. I'm sorry, but there just isn't. She has no life anymore. It's getting to everybody. And now writing a fucking will. These ops are going to kill her. She's a small person, and there just isn't anything left to fight. What's moer, if she does pull through, the pain will be at it's worst, and there will no doubt be complications again.

Yet people still believe in GOD. WTF does he do. Fictional piece of shit. Just saw on the news that somebody stole a car, sped down the motorway and collided with an innocent driver. THEY died, but the thieving law breaking bastard survived.

Anything happens to my sister, my mum will probably top herself, I mean that. I lose a sister and mum, I aint living to tell the tale. I go, my bro goes. 4 people die, the family falls into ablivion.

No peace, no rest, no justice, no life, Lance.

And don't bother telling me to KEEP STRONG or THINGS WILL WORK OUT. They have NEVER worked out. This is now her 7th operation on the same damn part of her body. It should have just been TWO ops. Not SEVEN.

She can't put weight on anymore because the food isn't in her body long enough to absorb anything, not enough body parts left to pass through. Just in - and out.

If anybody fucks with me today I'll tear their head off.

Oh and this means she can't go back to uni to finish her degree to become a nurse which should have been done last year. Now she has to take even more months off. She's now giving up on that in her mind. Nothing is worth the agony anymore.

Archived