Mental Health Forums

My Sister. Please Pray For Her. Please.

Lance

I have only read this thread today.

I am so sorry for what is happening to your sister.

I wish i was so lucky as she is to have a brother like you who cares so much for her.

You are in my thoughts

Take care

Sharonx

lance

i've seen so many people go through this or something very similar when i worked as a nurse it's not nice its hard even when you don't know the person. so i imagine its a millikon times worse for you and your family i'll pray for you but mostly i'll pray for your sis shes the one who needs the prayer most right now but have my lovce for you all best wishes

kirsty

Damn shame this is...I really hope something gets better, somewhere, at some point...my thoughts are with you and yours. Horrible you have to endure this, let alone her.

Thank you everybody. I've sent all of your wishes to her. Thanks a lot.

Latest news: her liver is fine (thank goodness...). However, turns out the op had left blood leakage which had gotten into the back of her liver which is what was causing the pain. She's had it drained now and already feels better. Nothing else is causing pain, but the problems are still there. They're going ahead with putting the bag back on on Monday, it's just so the waste stops flowing from the front, so they can take a look and see if they can do anything moe. If not, looks like she's got the bag again for a long ass time. This sucks.

If she had that damn scan instead of them saying "she might be pregnant", they would have spotted the blood leakage before it put her in pain. I mean WTF, how can she pregnant whiles shitting from the vagina, whom infected, and boyfriend infertile. Some nurses and doctors have no clue or heart.

Peace, Lance

Lance -

Hey bud, slow down a bit, it will do you both good. I can understand your pain

my brother is going in next week to have a bag hooked up to him too, and yeah

this is the 3 or 4 time. My mum went through it too. I always tried to be strong

for her. It is an extremely difficult time for you and your family. I will keep you

all in my prayers. All the best to you Lance.

March

lance i thinking of you and have asked my mum to light her candle for you. keep us updated and your both in my thoughts.

sorry i dont know what else to say but if you ever need to talk or anything im here for you :hug2: shell

Thanks you two. And thanks a lot for the candle lighting. Only thing that concerns me with that is that candles die off >.< Lol...ignore me. That's really really thoughtful of you and I appreciate it loads. Actually I'm depply touched by that. Thanks a lot, all of you.

Peace, Lance

Lance I am so sorry what is happening to your sister. She should be very happy she has a lil bro like you who cares so much for her. I hope everything works out for her, she's in my thoughts. What she is going through sounds absolutely horrendous! She must have a lot of inner strength.

lance, you need to calm down.

i know this is shit, quite literally, BUT... if the bag works, then she has to have it back on. There is no question. she is prob better off having the bag on for life now, yea its embarrasing, yea its a pain in the arse when it leaks, its uncomfertable etc, but it works, its stops the infections, it allows her to live fairly normally when its working right.

my cousin, my sister, my aunt, my husband all have chrones, its crap, i have cried for them, cursed the fukin dieses, its just so undignified when ur a 35 yr old man who craps himself cause he has no control over himself... but you have to carry on.

my cousin has no bowel left now, hasnt since he was 25, he hates it even now, but he has no choice, and it enable's him to live a fairly normal life. before that he couldnt leave the house.

doctors are not infallable, they make mistakes like everyone, yea it sounds like they bein rite twats, but its done now, what u need to do is question everythin they say, look up everythin on the internet, arm yourself with as much info as possible, then u can ask lots of questions.

your sister needs to be strong now. and she needs your help to do it.

if the bag is needed, then she has to have it back on for now, it will help her in the long run

i knoiw this is a tough time for you all, i am thinking of you and sending my best wishes

xxx

Lance,

My grandad had a bag on since he was 40 and he lived a realtivly normal life with it. My cousin is 22 and has chrones and she has had a bag since she was 18 and lives a fairly normal life with a boyfriend finishing her uni degree and stuff.

what I am trying to say is that people can live normal lifes with them.

sunx

I think you're misinterpreting now. I'm perfectly of aware of how well people can live with bags, she was fine when she had it. My worries aren't about the bag. It's about the state she is right now and having to go through another surgery. There's nothing left of her, just wasting away. They're performing on a skeleton with a critically low immune system. She's just had an op and barely got through that, now another within a few weeks. I'm dreading it. I think it's happening Monday. Once they've got it on, they're opening up somewhere else at the same time to poke and prod at her fistula.

She should have kept the bag in the first place, but she didn't know this was going to happen. Once it's gone so far, there's no turning back, like now. Bodies need energy and strength to recover, she has none of that.

Peace, Lance

lance, when she has the bag back on, she will be able to get the nutrician in to her that she is missing now, and that will help. It's gona be tough, no doubt about that, and it does take time to get over surgery, I have had 4 big op's in 7 years, and its mentally and physically draining, i still feel shafted some days, but your sister has one thing that I didnt... YOU and your family, and believe me that makes all the difference, she has a great family support system in place, she has a reason to get better, she has so much help from you all.

You all need to take it one step at a time, get the op ova with, then take each recoverey day as it comes, gentle movements, small steps day by day, relaxation, even if just giving her a hand massage, or brushing her hair, it all helps...

as each day passes, she will get stronger and stronger, and so will you...

take good care of each other x

Have been thinking of you and your sis everynight. I can't believe what you all must be going through. I will be keeping you in my thoughts hoping your sister is doing better today.

just wanna say that i hope she gets better and that i'll be sending all my positive thoughts her way.

Archived