Mental Health Forums

The Mind Of Rogerk27

rogerk27

Well, this is my obligatory "keep-my-membership-introductory-post." I have been hesitant to enter a post here, mostly because I'm not as familiar with this board, and because I'm not especially thrilled with my life right now, and rehashing the events that occurred to put me into a frame of mind to even be at this web site let alone posting on this board doesn't sound all that appealing. Believe it or not. A few people who know me from another board are probably already snickering.

I'm 35 years old. Almost 36. I've been married for 10 years, although things are pretty rocky at the moment. I used to be a video game store manager. I got fired, and now I sell mattresses. I hate it.

This is the other reason that I kind of avoided posting here. No introduction I can come up with is going to sound like anything but a bitter and resentful state of mind. Right now is not a good time for me. Maybe if I get to feeling better I can post again and not sound so sour.

Hi

I made my oblig' post in here, just now, too.

I found it really hard to write about myself too, but well done.

I feel similar in the sense that I'm not enjoying what I'm writing about, and the reason why I've got the time to do it.

Plus I dont know what bits of me to write about bc I dont feel like i even know myself that well right now, and what I do have sounds miserable and I'm scared ppl will be triggered by it!

Lisa

I feel i have to explain in more detail why i decided to add this function.

1) Security reasons: If people only join to cause trouble we will hopefully see this in here before it gets to bad.

2) Its good for all the users to know a little about each other.

These introductions are not meant to be daunting or intrusive. You or anyone could come write a message in here just saying my name (real or screen name) is blah blah and i came to this site because i have bpd, another mental health issue or im worried about someone else that has. You can put as much or as little as you like and its not a problem. Also if it is really to hard for someone to write an introduction they are welcome to email forums@bpdworld.org and i can promote them to a member without going through this. I hope this helps and finally welcome to the site. i hope it is a safe and pleasent stay you have with us. if i can ever help just ask.

Archived