Mental Health Forums

Does Anyone Else Do This?

Loopylizzie

I have this habit of saying things that REALLY piss people off. I don't mean to, I hate upsetting people, I care about people. I just seem to have no idea how to communicate with them without them getting furious at me. I do it with my partner a lot - I say stuff that pisses him off, that I think is quite reasonable, then he has a go and I get really upset, then I get even more upset that I've pissed him off and worry that he must hate me because I'm such a bad person.

This morning at work I sent an email to some colleagues that seemed completely reasonable to me but they all had a go at me about it and one even swore at me, so I very maturely burst into tears and left the office. I have a meeting about it with my boss tomorrow as I don't think it's acceptable for me to be sworn at at work (F-word) whatever I've said. I'll sho him the email I sent and I just know he'll take their side and it'll be my fault for saying the wrong thing, and that I won't understand why even after he's tried to explain it to me and I'll just get upset all over again.

Why am I so crap at communicating, and why can't I see that what I'm saying/ writing is going to upset people, and even after I've said/ written it and people have tried to tell me why I STILL can't see it? And yet I'm so super sensitive so that I get upset if people just raise their voice to me.

Does anyone else find that they just don't seem to be able to ever say the right thing int he right way?

deleted...sorry accidently replied to the wrong post...glad there is an edit option here..you may hae wondered what the hell I was talking about.

Archived