Mental Health Forums

Where Does You Computer Sit?

wabbit

My hubby just bought me a beautiful new computer desk. I spent some time last night prettying it up. It has bunnies on it, a clock and various knick knacks? What is on your desk?

OMG on my computer desk....a total mess......soda cans....snack packages..candy wrappers.....old school papers.....everything but the kitchen sink ..all of which is not mine...my daughter took over the joint for about 3 months and I am left with the mess.....ahhhhhhhh..... I'll clean it one of these days ...... :o

My whole computer set up, which includes the flat screen monitor, 5.1 surround sound speakers, cool mod computer with lights and doo dads. I also have post it notes, pens, pencils, CDs, wallet, keys, cell phone, palm pilot. And...a picture of my cat, and two pictures of my mentor/best friend Larry who passed away awhile ago. Those pictures are sitting on top of two of Larry's fishing books. That's about it. Other than a keyboard and mouse.

Apart from the computer itself, I have post its, digi cam, pens pencils etc, sellotape, cigs, cd,s and of course my pills. Actually i have to say for once it's quite tidy. There's usually empty mugs, plates, coke cans, and crumbs everywhere. But the window cleaner was due today so I tidied up......I know pathetic isn't it? I could have drawn the curtains i suppose but I already done that in the bedroom..and i think he knows I draw the curtains when i dont want him to see a mess....lol

chrissie xx

OMG at the moment mine is a mess!

Usually I have just scanner, telephone, post it notes, pen organiser and speakers.

Today I have got all of that plus an emprty cup, sweet wrappers, letters, dvds, box of paper and a CD.

I am now ashamed and I am going to go and clean it up!

All I need now is to be shamed into cleaning my cupboard in the kitchen lol :D

Mine is a disaster area. There is a picture of my mom and dad on top of the monitor. Also a very fat bundle of business cards I collected on my travels.

The rest of it is completely cluttered with papers and bills and disks and more papers and did I mention papers?

There is a phone on top of some stack of papers, and if it doesn't ring for a few days it too disappears under papers.

There is a spot for an oversized cup of tea. I think the papers multiply everytime I walk away from the desk. Every once in a while I sort them - but after that I usually can't find anything. The odd thing is that in all this paper chaos I can find the right piece of paper in a snap, just as long as the piles grow naturally.

I keep promising myself a bigger desk and a filing system....

:rolleyes:

My computer desk is the messiest thing ever.... if i listed everything on it we'd be here all day, but heres a few...

Sims unleashed box

cigarettes

business cards

Cigarette rolling machine

Floppy disks

Blank and part blank cds

Tissues (Not Used!!!)

Music cds

A beanie baby

A letter from a credit card company

An XP Book

Some blank paper

an airzooka (Dont ask)

Someones telephone number

Some instruction manuals

2p

etc etc....

You get the gist i'm sure. Well lets raise a toast for being organised, eh? ha ha ha!

May i remind all users once again that links are not to be posted on the forums without the permission from a moderator. this is for your own safety.

Two monitiors, speakers, printer/scanner, cell phone, landline phone, modem, random CDs, various computer parts, papers, a few dirty dishes, my blood sugar monitor, tape, a wooden spoon, desk calendar, pens and a lot of other crap.

We have a dual monitor setup on our computer. Gives you twice the desktop space. I can have windows open on both monitors. My husband uses it for web development also.

cpu - it's a tower but i hate standing on my head with my rear in the air if i need to plug anything in the back, so it's not underneath

printer

2 speakers

dsl connector

plastic plate to set my mug on

3 unopened cans of diet coke

1 opened can of diet coke

porta phone

but best of all i really like my computer and it is in the loft so i overlook the dinning room and the family room below the dinning room.

PS hopefully i don't have to update this everytime i open a can of diet coke :)

I'm assuming it is the computer tower as a whole that is on your desk. Your CPU is your Central Processing Unit, which is INSIDE the computer tower you speak of. This is your processor, a large chip, located on the motherboard. It is kinda like the brain of your computer and controls how fast and how efficiently your computer runs. The fan noise you hear is the CPU fan, which cools off your CPU, otherwise it would reach temperatures of 200+; therefore, making your computer take a crap. THAT, is your CPU! :D Sorry....I'm being a smartass. ;) I built my computer from scratch...that's right...I'm a compooter nerd, as well as a weirdo.

Archived