Mental Health Forums

I Have Gotten So Fat

Warrior Princess

aww sweety, try to remember that what you see is not always the reality!

Hope your feelin better!

If you wanna talk you know where we all are!

x

aww sweety, try to remember that what you see is not always the reality!

Hope your feelin better!

If you wanna talk you know where we all are!

x

True, but not fitting into any of my usual clothes and going up two sizes is a reality!

paine so sorry you have put on weight.. i know how horrible it can feel.. is it the meds or are you binging atm?? i was overweight last year, due to my low thyroid, my meds and binging.. For me, having a couple of protein powder shakes really helped to keep me full and lose some weight. take care hon, blue xx

Oh dear, what's precipitated this?

I don't think it's the meds as I have not changed meds.

I think its winter. (been cold)

Depression (Stopped caring)

stress (binge eating here and there on junk food)

and maybe "catch up" (I fell a bit under weight from lack of eating)

Also not out and about, not excercising because it's too cold to go out and horse ride or do anything outside.

Requested an excercise bike for my birthday.

WP (aka PW)

I think the winter time leaves a lot of people putting on weight because it is too bloody cold to exercise and also - yummy hot foods etc are sooo tempting. I know it feels really shitty when you put on weight but please try not to stress too much about it. Exercise bikes are good and exercise is also good to help with mood but dont overdo it - it can also be addictive apparantly (wish I was addicted to it but Im too damn lazy!).

xx

I think the winter time leaves a lot of people putting on weight because it is too bloody cold to exercise and also - yummy hot foods etc are sooo tempting. I know it feels really shitty when you put on weight but please try not to stress too much about it. Exercise bikes are good and exercise is also good to help with mood but dont overdo it - it can also be addictive apparantly (wish I was addicted to it but Im too damn lazy!).

xx

I wouldnt' mind being addicted to an excercise bike! At least it's healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Did ya get a bike hun?

No :( they were over $400 and we couldn't afford one. I have been more active lately though. Been riding my horse and working more around the farm. I'm also back on the slimfast diet and watching what I eat. Decided to take 'metabolism' pills rather than diet pills per say. The diet shakes help fill me up so I don't eat as much.

Keeping my eyes out for a second hand excercise bike. I'm sure one will come up. They are the kind of things people buy and then never use.

WP

((((WP)))

Be careful on the pills and the slim fast darling, if you've a history of restricting and anorexia taking these measures is very dangerous.

Exercise bike sounds like a better plan though love! Keep exercising, eat lots of fruit and veg and drink lots of water.

Be safe!

Dixie

((((WP)))

Be careful on the pills and the slim fast darling, if you've a history of restricting and anorexia taking these measures is very dangerous.

Exercise bike sounds like a better plan though love! Keep exercising, eat lots of fruit and veg and drink lots of water.

Be safe!

Dixie

Thanks for your concern Dixie, I know you are right and I promise to be careful. Just want to get back into my clothes! I don't plan to become skin and bones. The fact that I ride horses will motivate me to keep some weight on my butt! Riding when you're emaciated isn't pleasant I'm sure.

The stupidest thing is I'm fanatical about getting weight ON my horse and off myself.

Thanks for caring hun. Your post came at a time I just really needed someone to care about me.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

WP

Perhaps you could ask your dr to see a dietician or nutritionist? So you can get some idea of what foods you can eat and how you can lose weight healthily?

Or alternatively sell all your clothes on ebay and then go on a spree!!!! I know as fun as that sounds it isn't the point, it takes me a real desperate financial moment to sell clothes that are too small, but it would be better for you than taking pills.

Safe hugs

Dixie

Good luck finding a bike WP, have you got any work out DVDs? I have some dance ones that are fun and have been effective; can recommend them to you? This website http://caloriecount.about.com/ is good for tracking your progress, and it makes suggestions of alternative foods based on your current diet. Just take it easy :)

Perhaps you could ask your dr to see a dietician or nutritionist? So you can get some idea of what foods you can eat and how you can lose weight healthily?

Or alternatively sell all your clothes on ebay and then go on a spree!!!! I know as fun as that sounds it isn't the point, it takes me a real desperate financial moment to sell clothes that are too small, but it would be better for you than taking pills.

Safe hugs

Dixie

They would probably just say I don't need to lose weight!

I told one of my friends that I'm trying to lose weight so I have an "accountability" partner to watch out for me. My hubby also knows and I know he will keep an eye on my weight. He gets to see me under the clothes after all! he won't let me get too thin.

I'm trying to be careful I promise. I make sure I eat every day and using the diet shakes helps keep up the vitimins.

I'm hungry today. Hate that feeling!

WP

Archived