Mental Health Forums

Anorexic ? Bulimic? What Can I Do?

Storm Chaser

This will sound CrAzY!! I was 18 stone 4lbs - 2 months later I'm now 14 stone 8lbs. I've only been eating 150 calories a day, I can't put weight back on again I really can't. I was at the point of requesting a gastric bypass. I HATE myself for getting in such a state and I hate being this way, which is why I had to lose the weight. I'm artificially raising my metabolism by tablets, exercise etc. I am in control of what I eat and I know I can stop at any time. The problem is I saw my CPN (Community Psychiatric Nurse) today and a member of my family had told her that I was taking tablets to help speed my metabolism (not illegal) and I was only eating 150 calories a day. Now she has told my gp about this, :angry:, which I didn't want!!! Everyone who knows me have said how better I look now I've lost some weight, they and adverts on telly keep encouraging me to lose weight so why do others think I'm doing something wrong?? The amount of calories I eat is enough, I detest my stomach feeling full - when it is I feel so fat and ugly. I don't look in mirrors as I just see a big fat horror looking back!!

I REALLY HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Am I really doing wrong?, I am in control of it!!!

:unsure::angry: :unsure:

Ok i have to admit that my first thought was ''damn why can't i do that? four stone in two months! wow.''

i weigh over twenty stone and i hate it.

But 150 calories a day is starving yourself. Yes you're losing the weight but you're doing it so quickly you'll be left with lots of saggy skin. You're probably doing a lot of damage to your major organs. Your heart will be under stress. Your stomach is probably going to have difficulty processing food properly in the future. You're developing an eating disorder which you may find impossible to stop.

And believe me that losing weight doesn't fix anything. i've been a size ten and just as fucked up as i am at a size 28. You might be looking better but i bet you feel pretty crappy and tired on a daily basis. You're not in control at all. Anorexia is controlling you. When you stop (if you can stop) you'll be in a postition where you haven't learnt how to eat healthily. Your body will grab any food you eat and store it as fat because it thinks it will be starved again.

Sorry to sound harsh but you're really not going to find anyone here to say that you're doing the right thing hon. Talk to your doc about it.

ok good on you for wanting to loose weight, but this aint the way to go...

what yorki said is right, ur skin wont tighten up if you loose to quick, and you might end up 10 stone or whatever, but you will hate the way ur flabby, trust me.

also, it will affect your organs. i abused my body for years, to be fsir i still do to some extent, but i have seriously screwed up my tummy and bowel. i cant eat properly anymore, i have flabby skin, i have terrible eating habits, i go to the loo on advrage 5 times a dasy, and trust me it aint pretty and its painful.

if you want to loose weight, you have to do it sensible and gradual and ditch the slimming ;pills if they are speed based, i tried that, ended up half psycotic cause they interfered with my meds and made my BPD worse, not that i knew i had BPD at the time, just couldnt figure out why i was all over the place.

the damage they do to the heart is bad as well, whats the point in being thin if you cant eat, cant walk and cant breathe properly???

u need a sensible diet plan, try and see a dietician. if food makes u feel shite, try the drinks like fortisip.

cause u eating so little, your tummy will shrink and shrink and then start attacking itself. and eventually you are gona have to eat less and less to lose weight

i know food seems like the enemy right now, i get that feeling every day, but its somethin we need to survive

i hope this hasnt sounded to harsh, but i am worried you are damaging yourself and i wouldnt want anyone to go throu the pain i have on a daily basis due to an ED

Archived