Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Sleepie Like?

hummm_mabbe

Hello

Its me again. Sorry I know I talk too much and yabber on and on on this board so, um sorry about that. Sometimes my brainie part has all this stuff it wants to say and well yeh.

So sleepies

Mine is rubbish. I need 12 or more hours of sleep to feel normal, done all the usual (yawn) sleep hygeine crap that they always wheel out (uh huh yeh if I ever get laid I'll be sure to use the bedroom only for sex and sleeping, great advice Mr NHS wow). This has been a lifelong thijngie for me - any 'normal' amount of sleep fucks me over sumthin chronic.

Some medics say "oh well if you need 12 hours get 12 hours" and then Im like "OK so I get up at 6.30am to go to work, so that means to get 12 hours sleep I go to bed 1 hour after I finish work? Great. You're some kind of genius. If I only I had studied medicine like you my life might be a whole lot better. Anyway thats just my moan about docs out the way .. anyone else have REEEDIC-YOO-LARSE sleep patterns? I always wake up feeling like shit, anxious, dissociated, headachey. Crap really, normally worse than if I hadnt slept at all.

Is this a Bippidee thing? Apparently lotsa bippidees have abnormal brain sleep EEG's (I wish it was EGG's cuz that would be funnier). How about you-be-doo?

Ross (again)

Oh yes! Most of the time waking up is HELL for me. That is, if I get proper sleep. I go through periods of not being able to sleep pretty much at all, theres times where I'd sleep 12+hrs and still not feel 'refreshed', and sometimes my sleep is somewhat 'normal'. Right now I'm going through a phase of not being able to sleep at all :/

Sucks.

My sleep patterns are majorly bongled up at the mo but like you, I need about 12 hours sleep which seems bloody ridicularse. I seem to have a pattern where, no matter what time I wake up, about 2-3 hours later I am totally knackered and struggle to keep my eyes open. Have felt tired for most of my life and wonder if that is what lead to the depression but the docs tell me that it is a symptom of depression - v confuzzling!

I cant seem to sleep at night and find it hard to wake up in the morning even with an alarm clock i seem to either wake up and turn it off at the wall most of the time or sleep right through it and also need long hours to feel ok when i wake up otherwards i feel tired all day long

Ooh!

PS.

Don't apologise for posting much, Rossy! :) That's what a forum is for you know, posting!

Besides, your posts are always very insightful :)

:wub:

Sleep rules my life!! I either can't sleep or sleep way too much. I tend to get little sleep through the week, sleep usually sometime between 12 and 2 then up at 6.30 for work. At weekends I still struggle to get to sleep but then sleep until at least noon on Saturday and Sunday. I then tend to have a nap in the afternoons. So I feel like I work hard all week and sleep all weekend :(

Hell yes. I've had problems with sleep for about 12 years or so. I don't think I've had a proper night's sleep in years. I either can't go to sleep, wake up every other hour, wake up dead early or don't sleep at all. The longest I've gone for without sleep (any sleep) is 12 days and nights. Probably why I've been constantly tired for as long as I can remember... I blame the fact that my brain never stops thinking, analyzing and raging. Sleeping pills don't really work on me so I've just accepted the fact that I'm a crappy sleeper...

i go through days of sleeping a max of four hours, then sleep twelve hours straight as a catch up. Last night I drank enough vodka to sink a ship and still only got three hours. Then I'll have weeks where i keep going back to bed and sleep most of the day. I don't know if it's the bpd or an after affect of working rotating night shifts for years. I rarely feel refreshed by it.

i don't drink to get to sleep btw. it was an unplanned night out.

ooh, my sleep is weird!

it dont matter what time i go to bed, i usually aim for 11pm, but i cant drop off, i toss, i turn, i read, i relax, i try sex just cause im bored :P and nothin works...

then i'll drop off bout 1-30 am, only to wake at 2 am for the loo ( i have a tummy thing so i go A LOT!)

then it takes me AGES to get back to sleep, and off course thats when i then have nightmares, flap about, occ sleepwalking, then its usually on the minute 4 am i wake up in a cold sweat, then i drop back off after bout half hour, but my alarm goes off at 6 am for work :(

by 2pm, i am shagged...

of the weekend, i dont get up at 6 am, or on my days off, but i still dont sleep all throu, i constantly wake up... i always say, if i could just have all the sleep i get in one go i would feel better!

then there are the days, every 4-6 weeks, where it gets too much, and i sleep and sleep and sleep... then that just screws me up even more grrrrrrr

I wish i could have a decent nights sleep!! 12hours sleep, what is that?

If i don't take one of the meds i am on i do not sleep atall, then i feel awful the next day. When i take it i get to sleep but can't stay asleep! It is a bloody nightmare. No idea what to do! Not allowed sleeping tablets!

I dream of the day i sleep all night!

Sharonxx

I had a very rough time sleeping too. If I don't have my night time pill, forget it...I hope to never go back to not sleeping again as it is so important to get it! Hoping you guys can get some rest, some how...I won't say, be active blah blah, it didn't help me. I basically told my pdoc. After trying a few diff things, found one that worked.

I had a very rough time sleeping too. If I don't have my night time pill, forget it...I hope to never go back to not sleeping again as it is so important to get it! Hoping you guys can get some rest, some how...I won't say, be active blah blah, it didn't help me. I basically told my pdoc. After trying a few diff things, found one that worked.

ooooooooooooooooo

um

what pill? :)

It's a low dose of Seroquel, an anti psychotic. Also used for sleep at low doses. It helps me to sleep through the night. It has it's side effects though. Weight gain is a big one people complain about...or it 'knocking them on their arse' but that doesn't last, not in my case anyhow...lasted a couple days then straightened out. Haven't had the weight gain either, been on it about 3 mo's now. No side affects for me really other then the groggy head for those couple days.

The antidepressant I take is to help me sleep, I take it at night. I used to have a normal anti-d that I took in the morning, and an anti-psychotic to sleep at night cos my thoughts wouldn't go away. I don't take the anti-p anymore though cos it gave me a pain in the back of my head and a lot of dr's wouldnt prescribe me it, only 1 dr would and if i couldnt get in to see him then I couldn't have it.

Anyway, my sleep is shit. Sometimes I cant get to sleep, or wake up every hour or so. My night time anti-d does help though.. I can never get up in the morning but have to cos I have 2 children. If ever my dad or their dad takes them out then I sleep sleep sleep.. fuck the house work gimme sleep!

my sleep is terrible i live on around 2hrs a night if am lucky. Thats why am on here at 4.30am, tried everything going, even sleeping pills dont work they just give me a headache. If anyone has a sure fire cure i'd love 2 no!!!

my sleep is terrible i live on around 2hrs a night if am lucky. Thats why am on here at 4.30am, tried everything going, even sleeping pills dont work they just give me a headache. If anyone has a sure fire cure i'd love 2 no!!!

The only thing that finally gets me off to sleep is mindfulness meditation - just being aware of thoughts popping into my head, but letting them float off like balloons instead of grabbing hold of them and going "ooh a thought lemme see you ... ooh another thought, lemme see you ... oooh this thought is stressey! Pleh! AAAGH another thought lemme see you ... POO!! YOIRE STRESSEY TOO!!". Instead of that, its like I just let them pop up - the image is there for a fleeting moment, but I dont let it pull me. I let it float off all balloonnishly into the nether. Then little wanes of sleepie come over me gradually.

Mabbe tryo some mindfulness, that will get you to nod off. Cant do much about sleep quality though :( Mine is still gash. As they say in scottieland (and it makes me giggle like a kid every time)

Rossie

i was on serequel, for sleep, obv had to stop recently lol...

the first one i took at 11pm, woke up prop 17 hours lata, man it knocked me on my arse... the next few did as well, but you get use to them, i use to take them at bout 6pm... then got woozy about 7-8 pm, then fine, but by time went to bed at 11 would wana sleep, then didnt feel so bad when i got up at 6 am for work... the only prob i had was they didnt stop the nightmares but because i was so zonked i couldnt fight myself awake like i normally do

there are lots of tabs out there, some work, some dont, u just have to find the right one's for you

I practically run on very little sleep. I don't know how my body can do it. I have PTSD as well as BPD so I have disturbed sleep patterns caused by nightmares and night terrors. I average about 4 hours a night of sleep, but it's disturbed and so not good quality. It's been like it for years. :(

xx

Hey -

Sleep whats that. You mean to be able to close my eyes at night and then

wake in the morning. Yeah Ok - I am going through a manic stage and

sleep seems to be optional.

March

Hey -

Sleep whats that. You mean to be able to close my eyes at night and then

wake in the morning. Yeah Ok - I am going through a manic stage and

sleep seems to be optional.

March

ooooooooooo bipolar fun :lol:

Have some trouble sleeping. Getting to sleep waking in the middle of the night for hours falling asleep just as I am supposed to be getting up. I am on 300mg of seroquel at night. This is apparently supposed to make me feel sleepy what I found worked when I was away last week sleeping in a\ tent was the seroquel+ a shit load of alcohol + clonazepam for anxiety and a sleeping tablet zopiclone. I do not recommend anybody try this as i guess mixing it all is potentially hazardous, but i slept and what a wonderful experience that was. I like the complete oblivion i guess.

Sleep,, well it differs from me, waking up is never easy most of the time, sometimes i can only push out sven hours sometimes ten, sometimes i cant fall asleep, and recently in the past two weeks has been the worst ever, I was having some extremes problems with paranoia and anxiety with the girlfriend thing, long distance makes it that much worse. and alot of other stuff, so i wont fall a sleep tilll hours later, then when i did get to sleep, id have 8-10 nightmares a night about everything under the sun including the girlfriend thing, and everytime id wake up to only have another nightmare, so the days and nights were hell, and some how that all stopped and i started taking sleep meds, and now im back to normal. Good thing to.

me and march

I've been like this all my life, 4 hours is it, sometimes I take little naps with my head on the dog bed with my mini long hair dashch, wake up he is nose to nose.

:wub:

Archived