Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Sleepie Like?

hummm_mabbe

My sleepie is all over the place. Sometimes loads, sometimes nothing. If I can't sleep I sometimes have a glass of warm milk. I've been doing this all week in hospital and it's helped a bit.

When I'm at home I put on a story on my CD player. I've got lots of stories like The Wind In The Willows (read by Alan Bennett) and others like Paddington Bear, Winnie the Pooh, Roald Dahl books, Scottish faerie stories, etc. I love my stories. :blush:

My sleep has been awful for 28 years now [since a trauma].

I either:

can't get to sleep - and I don't go off till about 6-7am if I dont take a sleeper. Taking a sleeper [around 3.30am when I start panicking] makes me groggy and depressed the next day.

get off to sleep then wake a couple of hours later, then can't get back for hours

get off to sleep and wake very early

the worst is not being able to get off to sleep, then waking very early - makes me feel so ill.

However lately I've had a good patch of getting 8 hours or so - but I know it will kick up again, seems to go in cycles.

I have always, always had problems getting up immediately. I have to lie and think for a good hour before I have psyched myself up to face the world and whatever is going on in my life. Its like a meditation thing, and I really need to do it to cope.

Ross - don't apologise for your posts, they are stimulating and invoke discussion and therefore we can explore our lives/feelings - a good thing.

Sleep? What is that? That's why I'm still awake at 4:55AM *yawns*

I normally survive on 2-4 hours sleep a night. I think my body has now adjusted itself to the routine.

Since my re-diagnoses yesterday morning though, I have been prescribed new medication. I'm being taken off the anti-depressants completely and put on lovely Seroquel. I took Seroquel years ago and if I remember rightly it completely and utterly knocked me out. I start taking the lowest dose tomorrow and gradually building it up over the next 10 days. I am so, so hoping that the Seroquel will help with my sleep. I am dying for a decent nights sleep.

Take care.

Loulou

x

Sleep? What is that? That's why I'm still awake at 4:55AM *yawns*

I normally survive on 2-4 hours sleep a night. I think my body has now adjusted itself to the routine.

Since my re-diagnoses yesterday morning though, I have been prescribed new medication. I'm being taken off the anti-depressants completely and put on lovely Seroquel. I took Seroquel years ago and if I remember rightly it completely and utterly knocked me out. I start taking the lowest dose tomorrow and gradually building it up over the next 10 days. I am so, so hoping that the Seroquel will help with my sleep. I am dying for a decent nights sleep.

Take care.

Loulou

x

I hopey so, hugz for your sleepie!

even tho i know i went to bed last nite, it doesnt feel like i did... i was awake more than i was asleep... its cause my sresss levels are way high... but cause i didnt sleep, today i feel really low and weepy... but i cant cry no matter how much i think i want to, the tears just wont come...

i hate this...

even tho i know i went to bed last nite, it doesnt feel like i did... i was awake more than i was asleep... its cause my sresss levels are way high... but cause i didnt sleep, today i feel really low and weepy... but i cant cry no matter how much i think i want to, the tears just wont come...

i hate this...

yup

stuff

thats me too

stuff

fuckit

bi fuckin polar fun

get through it, find things to do in the morning, noon, night OR

sweat shake drool stare blankmind ravenous nauseous dizzy bloated fat slow dull sleepy nervous flat forgetful vacant dead sexcouldcarelessness

:lol:

I need a lot of sleep because I have an under-active thyroid. It's better now I'm on the right thyroid medication but I still tend towards lots of fatigue and really struggle with mornings. This is the one positive thing about being unemployed!

I find taking Valerian (a herbal tablet) really helps me get to sleep at night and stay asleep. When I wake I feel much more refreshed.

Sweet dreams!

Judi

My sleep 'pattern' is absolutely awful

I range from sleeping for like 20 hours to not sleeping for about 4/5 days

I've always had difficulty with sleeping but has got so much worse since I've been unwell

Have tried so many different things- lots of different sleeping tablets, herbal remedies, sleep hygiene but nothing seems to work

I put alot of it down to not having a strict routine, although the Bi-Polar obviously doesn't help

xXx

it's so difficult to hear people complaining about needing 12 hours sleep - man, to be able to sleep for 12 hours...that means for 12 hours a day you are out of your head...

i've been sleeping 1-2 hours a night now for over a year, some nights a little more but not often...i think that's maybe why they diagnosed me as bipolar

i yearn for sleep, i am so jealous of those people who can just go to bed and sleep...sleep....sleep give me sleep

yeah well....i am (supposedly) recovered and still the first few minutes when i am waking up are horrid...i want to go back to sleep and never wake up. 2 minutes later i feel some sort of joy creep into my blood stream that says, hey it's not so bad. You have this and this ahead of you. It's weird cause i am generally a happy person now and have been so for a while. yet, these first 2 minutes in the morning, when i am in between sleep and wake, are awful. why is that?!?!?!

i wanna be able to wake up with a smile, jump out of bed and to a handstand right then and there ;)

I take seroquel, it gets me to sleep but doesn't keep me asleep!!!!!!!!!

Sharonxx

I take seroquel also and the same thing happens to me,I find if i smoke weed and take it i sleep good...,without the weed most times i stay up all night and when i do sleep i dont wanna wake up because my dream"life" is soo much more exciting then my real life,sometimes lying in between sleep and awake

Yeah my sleeping pattern is messed up.

I find it very difficult to get to sleep - often it will take me hours of tossing and turning to drift off, and I don't sleep until 6-8am. Then I don't wake up til between 3 and 4pm.

Some nights I will need 10 or 12 hours, others I wake up after about 6 or 7 and can't get back to sleep, even though I want to :(

I need at least 10 hours of sleep consistently to feel rested- 12 would be divine, I used to sleep that much as a teenager, but since I had my son there isn't much room for that, I constantly feel like I'm going to die when I wake up in the morning and am extremely grumpy!!!!!

People tell me too, to go to bed earlier, and I'm like... ummm I'd have to go to bed the same time my son does, then when do I have some me time???!?!?! It sucks. Even if I get a 10 hours in on the weekend, it has to be a few days in a row. And I can ALWAYS nap. I do almost every day, but it's no substitute for a solid 10 hours.

And if I'm under a lot of stress (which as you guys know doesn't take much being a BPD) I have terrible nightmares that wake me up and then I'm scared to go to sleep so I stay up as long as I can. Gosh, this is depressing!!! lol <_<

My sleep is really bad too. I either sleep a lot(like 9-10hrs) or don't sleep hardly at all(2-3hrs) I take trazadone for sleep but it doesn't help.

Mine is crap even though the doc has put me on tabs to help with my sleep i still spend all friggin day tired and when it comes to sleep at night HA it still taks me hours i have tried the whole going to bed at the same time every night and not driking caffiene after a certain time but i need something to tell my brain to SHUT THE HELL UP lol after a certain time.

thats is my moanin bout my sleep two words

IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

love the feelin i get when i first take my tab weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol :lol:

Archived