Mental Health Forums

Citalopram

amy123

my doctor prescribed me citalopram yesterday i took 1 last night and today i feel worse than ever,i've been vomiting, dizzy,shaking and want to self harm,i just cant seem to understand how this is happening with just taking 1 dose.

amy

Hi Amy, we all react differently to any drug so try not to panic too much, maybe just natural reaction to this drug. It takes about 2weeks for this one to have any real effect but in the meantime you may experience some strange things. Anything too out of the ordinary you should report back to your gp and if you think you are having a serious reaction to it i would definitley give them a call. It may even be that they've started you off on to high a dose.

Let us know how you get on with it tho and take care of yourself. Loux

im so sorry to hear you are feeling so sick! with the kind of med you are on you can in the first two weeks have these kind of side effects but they should pass in a week or two.

you might want to ask your doc if you start on a lower dose and build it up slowly that might prevent you feeling so ill.

good luck!

lilly

Yeah, it's worth a try sticking it out as I found Citalopram to be an amazing drug for leveling my mood. Mind you, we're all different, of course. I'm now on Escitalopram, which is a newer version (apparently better for some reason?) and something you can ask your doctor about and see what he/she says. Keeping in mind of course that everything depends on your individual brain chemistry. I tried some meds my mum swears by and I absolutely hated them. Strange... :huh:

maybe your right,just cant stop being sick and i feel worse than ever especially these self harm thoughts its scareing me,my doctor put me on 20mg,dont know if thats a high dose.

amy xx

You still feeling like you were last night Amy?Did you manage to get any sleep at all?

I noticed you were back on pretty early but I'm hoping you managed to get a few hours at least?!

Did you think about ringing anyone today?To discuss your meds?

Hope you're doing alright hun and keeping safe,

Take good care of yourself,I'm sending you big hugs sweetie

xXx

my doctor prescribed me citalopram yesterday i took 1 last night and today i feel worse than ever,i've been vomiting, dizzy,shaking and want to self harm,i just cant seem to understand how this is happening with just taking 1 dose.

amy

Hi im on 60mg of this daily, this is the maximum does that can be given, i have now been taking these for just over a year and yes in the begining i felt rough but long term i think there great!!!! Try and give them a chance!

hi,i take meds for depression,citalopram,60 mg per day .Been on them now for 2 1/2 years.

In the beginning i started on 20 mg ,was sick,kept passing out(have low blood pressure) and the woozyness was really bad,had a job to stand up .Spoke to the docs they monitored me.Think you should talk to your doc see what he says,please do it quickly.

It works well for me ,tried other drugs but they didnt have the same uplift (two weeks) i'm not in a happy state but at least i dont get so terribly,down,alone and god damn frightened.

Please see or speak to your doc

Archived