Mental Health Forums

Out Of Control

Rainbow123

Help me.

I can't stop bingeing all day and then eating more at home, making myself sick and then the taking laxatives.

I start every morning telling myself I am going to be good but then it all goes wrong, I feel like I am spiralling out of control.

I've had it for years and I hate it. I saw a counsellor for Bulima about 8 years ago but I just hated going. And as for the food, anything goes.

I flat share but I hide it very well from the people I live with, they are just flat mates, and not my sort of people and I wouldn't tell them, I am close to my mum but I don't want to hurt her anymore.

I can't stop I hate it. Am on on antidpressants, they don't seem to be working (escitolopram) and its affecting work, I need to take time off but have had a loads of this year already and they might get rid of me.

So scared, I know what I am doing to my body, I am slowly killing myself.

hi hun i no u prob no this but the ad's won't work properly if u keep being sick & taking laxies thats what i keep getting told anyway cud u try small steps an hour or 2 at a time or anything that mite distract u from a binge ie go 4 walk with no money on you, smash ice outside, blast music etc. Soz if this is all crap 4 u. Take care xxxx

Charliesgirl,

Thanks love.

God those laxatives are evil, i would say worse than any illegal drug.

Today i have been good but its the lonely evenings that start me off, its hell. Round about 9pm when its now dark and you can't do anything the bingeing rears its ugly head.

Rainbow

x

((((((((((((((((rainbow)))))))))))))))

Its the afternoons for me, i have 2 keep really busy & not have any crap in the house. Hope u have a better night 2nite hun, thinking of you xxxxx

Rainbow

I feel your pain, I'm so sorry this is so difficult for you right now. I really relate to how you feel and how much you hate it but at the same time cannot let it go. Particularly with laxatives, I spent 4 years in my teens hooked on them. It was an addiction that began with just taking the prescribed dose and it spiralled out of control. By the time I was 18, I was taking trible digits every day and hadn't gone 1 single day in the past 4 years without taking them. My body was so used to taking them I had to increase the number I was taking just to get the same effect.

I won't tell you my whole story of the laxative abuse as I'm sure you are aware of the dangers, but suffice to say I ended up having a mild heart attack when I was 18 because of the pressure the drugs were putting on my body.

Giving them up was the HARDEST thing I've ever done. And it really was done with the strength and support from others as much as it was my will power to get off them. I did it by cutting down 1 a week. It took me 4 months to get off them between the heart attack and when I left for uni. It was painful and exhausting giving them up but it was worth it in the end. I didn't touch them again for about a year, and now I only take them on rare occasions.

Your right they are like an illegal drug, they are addictive and soul destroying. But you can get off them.

The meds have never worked for me, although they do say that Prozac can help bulimia. Perhaps if you went to your GP they can suggest some different treatments or perhaps another therapist or counsellor who can help you with this. Getting through an eating disorder and dealing with the urges is hard. But you can get through it, you just need to know that you are ready to change your behaviours.

Be safe & kep talking

Much love to you

Dixie

Dixie / Charliesgirl

Your words are so reassuring.

Why oh Why can their not be a magic wand or a Fairy Godmother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dixie - Mild heart attack sounds so awful, has certainly made me think. I normally take about 10 / 14 every other day. I know you don't lose weight and its just water etc but its all in my head thinking I am doing the right thing.

Just at the libary now and have pulled out a book called Overcoming Binge Eating by Dr. Christopher G. Fairburn, so shall give that a read.

Got Docs on Friday.

Lots of Love

xxxxxxx

Archived