Mental Health Forums

Advice Needed Please?

Paula

My family practice doctor put me on Trazodone 50mg to help me sleep, I didn't even know it was an antidepressant, cos I take prozac, I just take trazodone when needed, sometimes I cut it in half, and usually makes me really sleepy and the next day I have like a hangover, I don't like it toomuch, I rather take ambien.

i was on trazadone for quite a while. i liked it cause it helped with sleep but you get used to it easy and they have to up the dose. when i ended it i was on 200mg. i had ambien before that but it quickly quit working.

bets

Trazodone used to knock me out, it was great when I had them. But after taking overdoses of various tablets and being in psych hospital 3 times, the GPs now prescribe all my tablets to be dispensed daily. Rain hail or shine I've got to get out the house in the morning and walk to the chemist. Sometimes that's good because I get at least some exercise. I miss having my stash of tablets though - it was comforting to think if things got really bad I could take them. Now I end up cutting myself. Great.

Archived