Mental Health Forums

Is This My Bpd?

flippy

I am sat here feeling pissed off and hurt

i was talking to my friend tonight, she is going through a really rough time atm and is down, we talked about nothing as we always do and it was ok, then she ended the conversation with "got to put the kids to bed and then hopefully **** will be back so see you tomorrow etc"

so i feel like i was the stand in until something better came along, that because **** wasnt available i would do

i know that she wouldnt have meant it like that but i cant help feeling hurt and a little bit angry, not that i could ever tell her how i was feeling because then i would be placing importance upon myself and that's not acceptable

and so the unbreakable vicious circle begins

You know what flippy?

I say stupid things all the time and don't think before I speak - never intentionally being careless with another's feelings.

I bet if she's your friend, she wouldn't intentionally say something so careless to you. BUT.. of course your feelings are hurt, mine would be too and I'm a 'non' =0)

You have every right to be sensitive and wonder how she meant it.

If you feel comfortable telling her, do so - if not, just know that sometimes friends let you down and sometimes we let them down. But if she's your true friend, she'll forgive you when you need it, and you can forgive her.

Not every emotion and action is contributed to the BP... I'm learning that.

And even as a 'non' - I have BP tendensies at times as well =0)

Have a peaceful evening...

Lanie

thx lanie

i saw her today but didnt mention it, we have a rule that she doesnt have to think before she says anything because i dont want her to feel she cant say anything and i dont want her worying about stuff she says, so from time to time this happens. i know in my heart she would never intentionally hurt me, its just sometimes accidently i do get hurt.

I know hun.... me too.

I like the way you put that by the way - sometimes, I get 'accidentally' hurt....

I like that.

*hug*

she is the only person who i truly belive will intentionally hurt me and although when i am in the moment i am usually pissed off and hurt when i see things more clearly it seems easier. we talk about most things and we will probably talk about this at some point.

i have to accept that i will sometimes be accidently hurt by her actions or words, she also has to accept this and that it is part of the bpd. it's a long slow process but as she says to me the good times seriously outweigh the bad times, not that i remember but i trust her on that one

flippy

she is the only person who i truly belive will intentionally hurt me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

should have read will not intentionally hurt me :rolleyes:

Archived