Mental Health Forums

What Meds Do You Take?

kayteedid

I've been prescribed Effexor 300mg and Valium 5mg as needed.

I also self medicate with codeine and alcohol, Know I shouldn't but hey it helps!

I also self medicate with codeine and alcohol, Know I shouldn't but hey it helps!

heewo meddie girl!

Glad u have sumthn to take away the miffles :( I was on Effexor for YEARS and at first twas very twiffles (this is a good thing) but gradually it lost ots effectiveness and poopered out on me WAH!!

I am currently weaning off it, am down to 75mg, but am in heavy heavy psychotherapy so that is huggen ma brainie part which is wheeeeee.

Cuddley huggle and snuffle from magic squirrels at u

Rossie McLovesAnythingFluffieAndRoundWithLongTeeth

Citalopram 60/day

carbamazepine 800/day

zopiclone 7.5/day

zopiclone isnt so efective now so i self med with lots of codine and also use far to much cocaine!

I only take 150mg Lamictal... it doesn't help a lot tho. 150mg Trazadone. 15mg Buspar.. which doesn't do anything at all. What's codeine?

Before my hypothyroidism was accepted I was given Prozac then Citalopram - they both made me feel absolutely dreadful even in really small doses. My fatigue which was bad already got even worse and I often felt dizzy and a bit drunk.

The GP wouldn't accept this but eventually I was referred to a psychiatrist and he told me that some people do have sensitivity to some medications.

I rarely take any over the counter tablets and drink in only the tiniest amounts (1 glass wine 2-4 times a year) have never smoked or taken illegal drugs so I don't think there was any interaction going on.

I'm sure in a lot of cases the medication is necessary and helpful - but I've just put my experience on for anyone who's having any problems so that they know they're not the only one.

Thyroid problems can often be either misdiagnosed as mental illness or co-exist so that's worth watching out for too.

Judi

I only take 150mg Lamictal... it doesn't help a lot tho. 150mg Trazadone. 15mg Buspar.. which doesn't do anything at all. What's codeine?

Tis a painkiller i think ...

Apripiprazole (5mg) - atypical antipsychotic.

Pregabalin (100mg) - anti-epileptic - interestingly, these drugs have been shown to have very good mood stabilising qualities; though this one's only being prescribed for anti-anxiety, it does do more than that.

Stopped taking Citalopram (20mg) - made me far too tired and didn't do much. Need another anti-depressant soon though!

venlafaxine 3oomg

quietipine 50 mg at night

But I've put on 10lbs in weight and can't seem to shift it.

Pilgrim

thats the damn effexor! As I understand it from reading various buts (which may or may not be right, dunno) the added norepinephrine screws around with cortisol and blood sugar and causes the body to go into partial 'emergency mode' and store extra fat.

Even if thats rubbish, effexor is known for weight gain :(

I'm in process of changing medications. I'm being taken off both antidepressants and put on antipsychotics only.

Mirtazapine 45mg which is being reduced to 15mg. I will be off Mirtazapine completely in the next couple of days.

Venlafaxine 75mg. I have 3 weeks to go until I am completely off Venlafaxine.

Quetiapine 200mg. The medication I and everyone else is praying will help me.

Diazepam 2mg. I used to suffer from severe anxiety, but I still take diazepam as and when I need it.

I also self medicate with alcohol from time to time although not to the extent I did.

Loulou

x

was on venlafaxine 75mg and am meant to be cutting back to 37.5mg then off them completely before i see the pdoc to talk about a med change next month. But i've had to go back up to 75mg before i killed someone.

I've put loads of weight on with it too.

You lot are on loads of meds. I've never taken more than one at a time and never been given more than a starter dose. Guess they don't think there's much wrong with me.

1.5mg haloperidol (per day)

2.5mg x 2 procyclidine (per day)

5mg/10mg diazepam when needed

painkillers as needed

strepsils as needed

I am on

200mg Lamitrogine

800mg Lithium

200mg Quietipine + 50mg when needed

8mg Reboxitine

100mg Thyroxine (underactive thyroid)

Just starting to reduce on the Lamitrogine

Sharon

60 mg. Paxil daily.

I have a prescription for Trilafon if needed.

It's interesting that I haven't heard of a lot of the medications you guys from Britain mention. I think the FDA here in America is slower at approving drugs than you all are. I remember back in the 80's when I was tried on Anafranil, I had to get it from Canada because they hadn't approved it here yet.

ah drugs, lovely drugs...

im off them all at the moment, obv ha... but i so will be back on them soon, as i am past 12 weeks... i have a long list of what i have taken

dothiepin... t'was ok i suppose, for a few days, just made me wana do nothin, well until i od'd on it... now im not allowed that :(

amitriptaline... made me hyper, till i did the same as above, again not allowed lol

citalapram was great to start with, but had to keep upping, till it just stopped working

seroxat... now the first time, for 3 weeks i could esasily have thrown meself under a bus, but was wonderful after that, till the withdrew it, coming off was a nightmare! the second time i tried, it did nothin for me, how weird!

temazapam did nothin for me after two days

diazapam sent me skitzo, i mean proper climbing the walls, they recon i had a reaction to it, and they gave it me to calm me down!

ooh there's been loads more i cannot remember...the last one's were

the oh so wonderful prozac!!! it was fab, for 6 months, and then my liver decided it was unhappy and i had a reaction so had to stop cold turkey, NOT FUN!

then serequel, i had just started the month before i found i was pregnant, i didnt like it much, it just made me sleep, but still had nightmares, and racing head...

also use to self medicate, coke, alcohol, weed, ecstacy, speed, anythin really... again not at the moment!

i know i need sum anti d's again, like quite quickly, but am trying to stay off for as long as possible

I take 60mg Citalopram ( here we call it Celexa)

2.5 mg of Abilify

1 mg clonazepam (Klonopin) as needed for anxiety

50 mg trazadone ( for sleep)

300 mg of seraquel

3 0.5 of clanapam

used to get an injection in the hip of clopixal but never had it in the last 6 months

smoke as much weed as i can and when my mom and bro in law are in a good mood i sometimes take as much as 80mg of diazapam

and ya i also like codine especially when mixxed with the diazapam

Wow what a mixture, I'm on

Morning

50mg seroxat

75mg quetiapine/seroquel

200mg carbamazapine

Night

15mg mirtazapine

400mg carbamazapine

100mg quetiapine/seroquel

7.5mg Zoplicone

As and when 5mg Diazepam, upto 15mg a day, what does the codeine do, haven't tried that, also anyone else on carbamazapine unable to drink alcohol, even 1 beer makes me feel like I have a hangover from drinking 2 litres of vodka.

I take 60 mg of fluoxetine

10mg of olanzapine

1mg of haloperidol..

hate meds tho but understand that some people need them

1000mg Sodium Valporate

100mg Sertraline

450mg Quetiapine

10mg Zaleplon

...and occasionally Diazepam or Temazepam

Rattle....Rattle....Rattle :lol:

xXx

Hey,

I am on:

Morning

60 mg of citelopram

.5mg of resperidone

500mg of epilim (sodium vapour)

Night

.5 mg of resperidionr

1000 mg of epilim

I must say we could have a wicked pharm party if we all got together lol

I am not allowed any meds 'cos the psychiatrists have said that it wont help with BPD but yet all of the above people are on meds for BPD so it doesn't make sense ?..........

Archived