Mental Health Forums

Do I Have A Eating Diorser

fallen_angel1983

Hi everyone

I need to ask as i have always had a strange relantionship with food since i was about 13 i wieght only 3 and half stone i didn't care at the time if i lived or die as i was having at lot of probs at home and was very depressed. But the thing is that i am still like that now as i punish my body as i am constanly thinking that i am fat and nasty i am forver looking at calories on packets of food and i am only 5"4 but i weight 8 stone which i know is right for my height but if i even put on any weight i start to panic that i am letting myself go and that plp will keep looking at me and thinking what i think i am fat and ugly.

I have tried using laxatives i found that they didn't work really maybe i wasn't taken enough i found the only way to lose it was to starve myself. I am worried as i am dreading everytime i eat as hate myselfg after for it i always walking but when i know that i have had someting to eat the night before or even a stupid thing like to bits of toast i will walk faster to burn the calories off

I know that i sound pathetic and probaly extremely vain but i need to know does everyone think i have a problem or am i just a stupid 25 yr old worried about nothing

thanks for reading

caroline

hey caroline, i myself have the same problem i have to count every calorie that i eat. It`s so annoying doint it but i just cant help it, if i eat something and i dont know how many calories are in it i feel soooo bad! dont forget your not alone, please talk to your doctor about it i did and now i see a dietitcain hes so helpful :)

hi everyone

thanks for your advice i have had thought about it and i am going to see someone about it i kinda knew that i had a prob but i didn't want to admit it sounds like when i first found out about my depression i was in denial for ages

thank you so much

love caroiline

xxxxxxxx

Hey, I suspect that you may believe you need to be completely emaciated before you can go for help. But you are already at the very low end of your BMI and your thinking sounds very chaotic, it doesn't seem like a fun place to be in.

I'm glad your choosing to go seek help. I think you'll find a lot of people can relate to you.

Good luck.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I know what your talking about,everytime i eat afterwards i feel like such crap.

And when i dont eat,i feel so much better for some reason.

But it really isnt a healthy lifestyle.and it will kill you if your starving yourself.

you should probably see a doctor about it,maybe talk to someone your close to.

something inside of u is bothering u,this isnt all about food or weight.

i hope it works out sweetie,and if u need to talk know i am here.

• 2 months later...

Here are some symptoms of eating disorder:

• Making excuses for not eating
  • Hides food or lies about eating habits
  • Making lists of "good" and "bad" foods
  • Refusing to eat certain foods
  • Obsessively measuring/weighing food
  • Looks pale

Archived