Mental Health Forums

Could Use Some Advice

bumblepipi

I have been battling with bulimia for awhile now but sort of have my eating under control at the moment. Thing is my friends were over last night.

When I went to the loo, I spied a piece of lettuce. Only a small piece but my first thought was oh someones thrown up. One piece of lettuce howvever does not necsss mean that someone has been throwing up. A bit later I went back to the loo and i found some chocalate spew I guess only someone who knows what that looks like would have thought much of it. So now I'm Like well somebody is def throwing up. Thing is I know it's none of the adults did because none of them went to the loo. That leaves four Kids. The eldest 13 boy, doubting whether it's him because he was playing computer downstairs with my eldest kid 10 Boy. then there is Girl 10 who plays with my youngest BOy 7. They were commuting betewwn upstairs and down stairs. So I asked my youngest If he was feeling ill and had been sick or had tummy pains? He looked at me and shook his head . I could see that was furthest from his mind. He just went back to playing.

Cut a long story short either my friends little girl was sick or My Eldest boy. I'm going to have to tell my friend what I found, because if her little girl is doing this I don't want to suffer a minute longer. I thought the best would be to pull my friend aside and tell her just what I found and say that I will keep more of an eye on my eldest boy and see if his eating behaviour has changed if i find anymore sick etc.

I am shitting myself about telling her am I just over reacting

hey if u worried about the kids tell them am sure u would want some one to tell u if they thought your kids had a ed even if they dont

u could also ask any one if they been sick

and if u are over reacting am sure your friend will understand

Hey Bumble,

I think you are being very sensible and responsible. If it where someone else and they thought your child was doing this, wouldn't you want to know? It sounds like a child, else they would have flushed surely. It could just be a stomach upset, or a coughing fit, but I see no harm in mentioning it. Let us know how you get on.

Fairy xxx

Hey Bumble,

I think you are being very sensible and responsible. If it where someone else and they thought your child was doing this, wouldn't you want to know? It sounds like a child, else they would have flushed surely. It could just be a stomach upset, or a coughing fit, but I see no harm in mentioning it. Let us know how you get on.

Fairy xxx

I told my friend what had come to my attention. Also said I would understand if she thought I were overreacting. We both agreed that we will keep an eye on our kids to see if anything seems out of the ordinary. I t was such a scary thing to do talk to friend about something like that. I only had about five minutes to talk about it cause i had to drop my kid of to guitar, I'm actually quite glad we didn't have time because it would have grown into something warped. Hopefully we'll all have time to stand back and get some perspective.

Hey Bumble,

Well done you for coping so well with such a delicate issue. I really think you did the right thing, not the easiest thing at all.

Fairy xxx

Archived