Mental Health Forums

Feel Guilty When I Eat

amy123

for about 6 months i've really been struggling to eat,

i only been having between 400-600 calories a day,

yesterday i had 1000 calories and felt really guilty about it,

i find food bloats me and i'm also a very fussy eater,

i think it started when i began to put weight on but now i've lost 3 stone.

i really don't know what to do.

Amy xx

hey am sorry you are feeling like that

even though u had 1000 calories you still not taking in enough

i belive it to be around 1800 a day

if u dont eat a ealthy meal there is evidence that it will make your mood shit and u will feel worse

perhaps trying to spread the food out through the day may less en the effet of bloating

i hope u will be ok

i also think perhaps u need to talk to your gp or any health pro u maybe in contact with

goood luck

Hey Amy,

Drews advice is great. I have been out the way of eating before and I got to a point where the thought made me feel sick. Even the smell made me feel unwell. This sounds like if you can't get back on track then you should see someone. Once you start eating better, you will feel so much better.

Fairy xxx

I am sure you will feel so much better eating properly, I wouldn't worry about it turning to comfort eating. Cross that bridge IF it happens, if you are concerned after one bag of minstels it is unlikely I would imagine. Enjoy Amy, enjoy!

Fairy xxx

Hey Amy

Only just read this post

Like Drew said, lack of food really does affect your mood

You can't expect your brain to function properly if you're not feeding it

When I was suffering from anorexia, I was at my absolute worst mentally, which looking back isn't surprising at all

If you are starting to have issues with or unhealthy thoughts about food, the best thing you can do is speak to your doctor about it

Ignoring it will only enable it to get worse and worse and it will end up taking over your life

Being trapped in an eating disorder is absolute hell, please dont let yourself go there

Big Hugs Always

xXx

I feel bloated and fat and guilty when I eat too. I also feel out of control when I cant' control my appetite. it's the horrible part of having an Ednos. Not sure how to help you as I have no help myself for any of that. Seems the mental health team are so focused on my BPD and DID symptoms that the EDNOS side gets completely ignored!

I think if you are eating something every day you are doing well. As hard as it is, try not to count the calories and focus more on eating three balanced meals a day.

WP

Archived