Mental Health Forums

Time Lapse

mycroft

I'd like to find out if something I do is me or BPD and what better palce than this to find out...

OK I have a real problem with time. I am always late and its not like I'm casual about it. I try really, really hard and stress and sweat and panic about it but I am never on time. I get up at 8am every morning, it takes me half an hour in the bathroom tog et ready, 15 minutes to travel, so how come the clock says 9.35am when I finally get to work.

Its not a huge problem in my life and not something I worry too much about but does anyone else have this probelm conceiving and budgeting time?

Yes, all the time. Sometimes I even get up an hour earlier than I have to, somehow I always manage to be late. Even when I get a lift somewhere.

On a bad day I can get very distressed and think it's something supernatural that makes me 'lose' time. So I always get a bit panicky when i've realised I've drifted into a daydream or something. I always think theres something that's 'claimed' me.

Of course it's not true, and most days i can see that. I am a very disorganised person, so I usually just blame that.

Maybe in the mornings your just slower than usual? I usually find It takes me so long to get ready in the bathroom, so long to get dressed and do my make up etc etc. But I.E walking to college takes me a long time, or sometimes I forget something I've done in the morning like look for doorkeys, and thats made me lose track of what I'm doing.

I hope I don't sound like I time everything I do. but...well I do. Lol.

i'm never late, but i do take AGES apparently doing nothing..

cant really explain where my time goes when i am getting ready to leave the house for anything, but sometimes it takes me HOURS just to get dressed and ready for work?????

half the time i cant really explain what i have been doing all that time?? :wacko:

yeah am like that too i hate it the longest (acording to my mum) is two hours

she put me to bed she just though i was sick ( she dont know avbout my mental health )

wow - I am the complete opposite - I stress HUGELY about time and time keeping - I have clocks all over the house and chuck a hissy fit if someone is late or doesnt show up - I hate it..!!!

Ginny

i manage to get everywhere on time. i dont know how i do it. cos i always leave later than the scheduled time of departure. this has led me to conclude that i am actually overestimating the time it takes to get places so if i wasnt late id be early, if you catch my drift. but it all works out rather nicely in the end

;)

I have ot get everywhere early as well. I used to get into my classes in college 15 min early...of course I was the only one there for 10 min...lol. Even when I make my therapy appts. I am always early and then my therapists are usually late so I have way too much time to think before I go in.

I walk really fast...no one can keep up with me...I hate when I am in a mall or on the streets and people are walking at a snails pace blocking the entire street. My friends hate going shopping with me cause I like to get in and out. I hate queues as well.

I really like to leave everything until the very last minute for some reason then enjoy rushing to something.

I do daydream for along periods of time though. Most seemingly when im on the internet plus I have a Lavalamp which doesnt help as i Just seem to stare at that too.

Archived