Mental Health Forums

My Intro

Levita

HI MY NAME IS LEVITA AND I LIVE IN SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI. I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH BPD AFTER SUICIDE ATTEMPT TWO WEEKS AGO. I ALSO HAVE MAJOR DEPRESSION, DYSTHYMIA, AND MIXED PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH AVOIDANT ,DEPENDENT AND PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE TRAITS. I'VE BEEN SEARCHING OUT THE WEB FOR OTHERS I CAN RELATE TO. I'M CURRENTLY READING LOST IN THE MIRROR AND AM OPEN TO ANY AND ALL INFO I CAN FIND.I JUST TOLD YOU MY DIAGNOSIS, BUT UNSURE OF WHO I REALLY AM. HOPE SOME ONE READS THIS AND CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHO THE REAL ME IS. LEVITA

Levita? Welcome to the nuthouse. HAH!

Honey, your diagnosis doesnt make you who you are. They are just labels, given to us to categorize us. I know that when I was first diagnosed, it was a relief because now I could put a name to the hell I was feeling and living in. But it doesnt make me who I am. No more than a diabetic is defined by their diabetes.

Learn all that you can. Knowledge is power. Visit here often, we are a great bunch of ppl, who understand what you live with.

Take gentle care

Wabbit

The books that you are reading will help

Hi Levita and welcome!!

I think you will find support and information here that will help you and people can understand some of what you are going through.

Take care

:P

Hello Levita,

I am very confused myself, but I know that talking about it is a big relief.

I am new here too - and am not diagnosed at all. I don't know what I may have to offer to you in ways of support, but it is all yours.

Be well!

Archived