Mental Health Forums

Shrink Started Me On Meds

Tray

So went to him this morn, after I finished crying like a baby, he offered me, thou reluctantly cause I need 'talk therapy' some meds...

I said, i dont think i'll be here in two weeks for the therapy if you dont give me summat, so he's started me on 50 mg sertraline

I aint had these before. I know they are one of the safer meds in pregnancy, and they same type as prozac (which i loved till the allergy)

he said best to take in morn, after food, so have just popped me first one

anyone got advice, been on them, weird effects to watch out for???

Hey Tray

I got put on Sertraline, after four ( I think ) other anti-depressants and I've found these the best of all of them

Can't really remember if I had any horrible side- effects when I started them as it was over two years ago. However, I know that if I stop them suddenly, I get horrid withdrawal symptoms and pretty quickly too ( feeling sick, waves of horrible dizziness, agitation etc ) so I wouldn't advise doing that.

Sorry can't be much more help

Hope you and bump are good

xXx

hi,

I have been on this med for about 6 months, at first I felt that sick in the stomach feeling and also a little paranoid stuff when I upped the dose and was at work with ppl I had just met, feeling a little out of it but that only lasted a few weeks and now I feel good. Still have ups and downs but I'm more stable now. Hope it helps for u

Archived