Mental Health Forums

Depakote

buttercup_vix

Hey guys,

I was prescribed depakote two years ago, whilst an inpatient. I stopped taking it nearly a year ago ( without my pdocs knowledge, naughty me ) because I felt that was numbing my emotions too much. Although I was still suffering from the pain, agitation, depression, urges etc, I stopped caring about myself and others completely. This was very dangerous has there was nothing to stop me from attempting suicide etc because I felt no guilt about it. I knew that I loved people but just couldnt actually feel it. After stopping it those feelings came back which seemed to reduce my acts of SH.

After a night of sheer desperation last week, I decided to begin taking it again in a ' well things couldn't be any worse kind of way'. Since then I seem to be feeling more and more detached from the world, and myself to a certain extent. I'm also dissociating alot more again, although luckily I hadn't lost the feeling of love for people.

So I'm wondering if it's the meds or just a coincidence as I can't really remember the side effects I had when first started them.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I know people are going to say that I need to discuss it with my pdoc and I will, but just wanted to ask you guys first.

Thanks

xXx

Archived