Mental Health Forums

Feeling Different

calyps

So just over a week ago I had my prozac dose doubled to 40 mg a day. I think it's made me more 'rah!' if that makes any sense. I feel very quick to do stuff, say stuff, has the move from effexor to prozac affected my impulsivity? I was really quick to reach anger on saturday and kicked stuff which made me feel better. But today I am just feisty. Also trying to cut down on all mood altering substances. Swinging so quickly from love to hate, all or nothings. I'm not liking this. Are medications supposed to make you feel like this? Or is it nothing to do with the pills and this is the way I feel for now? Oh god, it's so hard to deal with, i feel I have a small child tapping me for attention all the time. I feel like i am going to just flip out. o h god, I hope I don't.

I don't know what to tell you or how to help you, like 3 years ago they switched me from celexa to prozac, I started with 20mg, then went up to 40, then 60 and I was taking as much as 80mg for a while, I don't remember being more impulsive than usual, I'm pretty impulsive too, when I changed doctors, they were surprised I was taking that high of a dose and decreased it to 40mg, I did feel suicidal more than usual, but I got used to the med and those feelings went away, I'm 25 years old, how old are you? because they say it can cause some really weird side effects on teenagers even suicide, you should talk to your doctor about it, I really didn't want to swicht to other medication, I did, but I always went back to prozac, and now I'm taking 60 mg, Prozac is been around for so long so I rather stick to it than trying anything new.

I switched from cytalopram to 20mg prozac a week ago, and have felt that i'm much more irritable and twitchy now than i was. i feel my anger rise much quicker too and just feel generally on edge.

Am hoping this is just an initial reaction and that things will settle down.

Hope it does for you too.

Take care.

i was only on prozac for 5 days before my gp took me off it. i was really shaky and couldnt sleep. made me feel great though. but gp said i was manic. stupid cow...LOL

personally i would love to be on it all the time, but she said she didnt want me impulsive.

Yeah, i have found I feel better, as in my mood has definately lifted, I have more energy and i can actually get up in the morning, but I am very quick to experience intense emotions. It's weird, I thought I was already on a rollercoaster- what the hell is this? Feel like I'm gonna have to spend tomorrow apologising and analysing. It's bound to settle down though and I am due to see my gp again next week so I am actually doing what I am supposed to which is good.

Hey Anwen,

I'm on 60 mg of prozac, along with wellbutrin an zonegran but i'm kinda fucked up lately

been on these for awhile.

The only thing that seems to interfere is booze (depressant)

I still smoke when the mood strikes.

weed is good

:D

My irritation has lifted. Yesterday afternoon I felt such a tiredness hit me I was acting like i had been drugged. Slept for 5 hours, had frantic cleaning spree, slept for another 5 hours. Now I'm feeling ok. I could probably use some more sleep, but it's wednesday and I'm not freaking out about skills group this afternoon. Yet. I still have to leave the house and go to work. Get the feeling that people are going to be able to tell I am 'on' something, which i suppose i shouldn't care about.

Archived