Mental Health Forums

Starting

Katherine

YES! I think it is ..starting.... to happen at last...

I am working with

-------balancing my thinking so it is less 'black and white'-and even areas I have yet to get to grips with, I know that an alternative exists.

-------my emotions feel less intense and extreme, I feel more stable...this feels--different!!!

-------focusing on hearing what others say to me about me COMPASSIONATELY....this is difficult to do but I am really working at it.

-------setting clearer boundaries so I can protect myself emotionally and feel less entangled, safer and more healthy(e.g at work yesterday)

This is coming about through

----work in my psychotherapy sessions, and my personal reflections afterwards, observation of myself and others.

----leaving the training and the trauma of the Group.

----the dose of Efexor--150 mg per day--seems just right for me right now.

YAY!!!!

I am posting this so that I can celebrate and acknowledge my growth, in the hope that I can continue this process with compassion and strength....

karie

karie,

great! one step at a time. There will still be some back steps so dont get discouraged when that happens. You are off to a wonderfull start.

bets

That is so wonderful. Great news, and a great positive smile. This thing can be controlled, if not beat. Keep moving forwards and, yeah, don't let little hiccups stop you working. One of the most useful things I do was keep a mood diary so when I cock up/flip out, I can read back to a few weeks before when I was happy and dancing and stuff. Sounded dumb when my shrink first sugested it but it really works for me.

You go girl, proud of you!! :D

lorna thats fantastic mate i am so pleased for you. know u can build even further on these good foundations!

you have made this happen, so u should be very proud of your achievements :D im so happy 4 u.. yey!

xx

Thanks, lost...sadly I don't feel quite so positive a few days on....yeeeuchhhh...so I really appreciate you responding to this today...it starts to rekindle my (PMT damaged)hope.....

karie

Archived