Mental Health Forums

Stopping Meds!

xoomer

So I decided that the Lithium Was bad for me so I stoped taking it, and My adderall pissed me off so I quit that to..oh and to top it all off I am now 24 hours with out nicotine and if my Media Player doesn't stop playing Christmas Music I'm going to take my laptop out side and throw it in the pool oh and to top it off I have a head cold!

GRR!!!

I m with Drew on this. The kind of meds you where on are not meds you should just stop taking, I am very concerned about you. I wish you had discussed this with your doc and slowly gotten off of them instead of this.

Are you willing to see your doc and tell him/her what you are doing and listen to what his/her advice about it is??

I am scared for you, you where on these meds for a reason I am sure and going off like them might cause you not only to have withdrawel symptoms but also you might take a turn for the worse if these meds where actually helping you in ways you may not have even realized.

Lilly

i speak from experience this is a really bad idea. i did it and stopped taking about 9 meds (lithium included) all at once. the pain was so bad, the shakes , the sweating, losing touch with reality and the symptoms coming back to bite me on the ass.

when i did it i now realize it was just another form of self harm, please talk to your doctor about this, they will prob be ok about you coming off stuff but you have to do it carefully, stopping like this could do more damage than the lithium was in the first place.

i know think it was the worst thing i could have done, everything hit me at once and it was so much harder to come back up again after it because i no longer had the support that the meds had given me. talk to your doc, see what they say. please

xxx

Actually the only side effect I have had so far is munchies and hyper ness but I have a head cold so I'm miserable anyway..

I stopped my lithium cause I couldn't get my friend to wake up (if you know what I mean)the adderall because I couldn't sleep..

and I don't have a pdoc any more he called the other and told me that my upcomeing appointment is cancelled and that he is quiting the practice and I need to find a new pdoc

Zach

Archived