Mental Health Forums

What Boosts

Katherine

I am really trying trying trying to boost my self esteem. I so much want to be seen to be good at something and praised for it...

Insecurities about my writing skills are holding me back from feeling good about finding a writing group (and insecurities about making friends).

Anyway, I've started me 'good stuff' board, a cork notice board that I am pinning up good things people have said about me, good memories, inspirational and compassionate poems etc. It is helping some.

Anyway, I am interested in what have you done that has boosted your self esteem?

karie

When I was in NY and I would take awhile getting dressed up in the morning and then walk to the bus stop or school and everyone is beeping their horns at me or trying to talk to me on the street and I am just walking by ignoring everyone like in my own world. :lol::lol::lol:

Hanging out with my friends...

When I do well at school...

Music...

When I have lost weight

eating well

looking after myself

phoning friends

visiting people

buying my sister little presents, and randomly turning up in cardiff even though i am 2 hours away.... :)

I've just jumped over from the other side - so if i'm barging in then please tell me.....

but self esteem is important to me and a fairly new thing too - so it comes and goes quite alot.

Anyway - i guess being good enough to be employed in a school as a teaching assistant has started to boost my self esteem. People think i'm good enough....and are willing to pay me - WOW!

Liz x

Working with dogs and just being around them and when I can train them and they learn a good technique. I love being recognized for that and it makes me feel quite good inside.

Being with my bo and my friend and making them laugh since I have this weird sinse of humor and way of putting things at times. :)

When I make a good spaghietti dinner for myself since I am a good cook and use my own special recipe :)

Music and when I sing since i have a good voice and when I bust the right dance moves and am shocked I had it in me and I actually did it

Used to be getting home from work on the weekends...showering, curling my hair, getting dressed up, putting on make up, listening to music and waiting for a date or friend to go out.

Archived