Mental Health Forums

If You Didn't Have Mh Issues

Mole

I trained as a Lift Engineer for four years and installed burglar alarms for the filthy rich, but all the time I had serious OCD problems

If I was completely well, I think I would have liked to be a policeman - A Dog handler perhaps ?

I have BPD and am currently unable to work.

But when I recover - I will go back to my dream, my first passion and previous career as a film-maker.

BPD - it's my diagnosis, not my identity.

Great idea for a thread, by the way! :)

Keep hope alive! -D

I would have been a psychiatric nurse, I started training but got kicked out with my mental health problems, I still miss it.

But if I didn't have mental health problems I wouldn't have met my fiancé.

Natx

Always wanted to be a social worker, but one of the good ones ;)

Dont stand a chance now, but ho hum...

You can be what you want to be Flower... if you believe.

And of course you would be one of the 'good ones' - judging by many of your posts and the compassion and insight you have shared, I personally think you'd be one of the best.

When one door closes, it simply allows another to open. There is always hope! :)

Big Hugs, FG -Dx

Great thread

How about this for strange. and it might seem over the top but, i always wanted to be an F1 driver, i used to race karts for abot 5 years from the age of about 7, so always had the dream, and it was something i excelled in, partly i think in the quest for acceptance and wanting recognition from my mother.... well a few weeks back i saw an advert for candidates to take part in, one of the obscure sky channels, a competion to find budding racing drivers, well thinking i was too old i filled it in and sent it off, and, well it appears i'm not, just got the post and...i've got to take part in kart racing first with the 20 fastest times going through to the next round, but then a fitness test, oh shit, i'd best get in training...the winner gets a years drive in a formula renault, starting blocks for the climb to f1, but best of all, the winner gets a day testing for an F1 team...Miracles can happen, lets see if i can make this dream come true, even to just drive one will be good enough for me....iam amazed...

Dx

If you asked me this maybe 3/4 years ago, i would have told you i wanted to be a doctor, a week later a journalist, a week after that, that i wanted to be a photographer, and then the week after that a forensic scientist.

I just do not know, these are the things i held close to me as passions, also that of a musician or a writer.

But now?

Well, now is rather simple, yet painfully impossible for the moment . The one thing i want more than anything is to be allowed the chance to show i can be a good mother to my son.

I had him when i was only 15, he is nearly 2 now, and...Well, a lot has happened both before and after which has led to me not being 'suitable' in the eyes of social services... Just because i have an illness, it does not mean i am incapable of caring for my son... Not all the time... The only thing that would mean i couldn't is when i have an ...'episode' , as they call it. But all that would happen is i would go and stay somewhere else for a few days until i felt better. Is that so impossible?!

But, it is absolute torture, because i am still living at home with my mother, who is the carer of my child.

I guess at least i still see him, he hasn't been taken away far and for good.

Sorry, i am aware that i have gone off-topic.

But yeah, to sum it up, the most important thing to be, the one thing that i would be doing if i wasn't burdened with all of this, is being a good mother to my darling little boy.

i would like to be a cab driver but i'm an awful driver, 40+ car accidents (no one ever hurt but me). When i don't hit something it is a near miss a minute. i'm trying to stop covering my eyes when it gets dicey. i can't hardly pass drivers tests, lol, braking distance in fog? wtf How would i know? What does that mean? All i know is i can't see shit, better not drive. Last ticket i got the cop asked me if i knew my violation, had no idea, he said i was crossing the 'gore', wtf is that? Hope i don't do it again. :lol:

i'd also like to have one student, one like me, and teach them how to get through school.

i'd also like to write short plays but i want to direct them too, stage them, control everything. i hate being on a fukin 'team'. Same with screenplays, but again get all upset if i can't express my vision, fuk theirs...grrr...freak (this ain't changing mr rock and rolls)

the most important thing to be, the one thing that i would be doing if i wasn't burdened with all of this, is being a good mother to my darling little boy.

in saying that - you already are xx

the most important thing to be, the one thing that i would be doing if i wasn't burdened with all of this, is being a good mother to my darling little boy.

in saying that - you already are xx

AGREED!!!!!! :)

Perfectly put.

Stay strong, sister!

Big hugz

-Dxxx

I would have liked to a a Doctor, and i guess its quite sad that at the age of 18 that is already no longer a possibility.... but i'm sure i'll find a job that makes me happy eventually.

If you asked me this maybe 3/4 years ago, i would have told you i wanted to be a doctor, a week later a journalist, a week after that, that i wanted to be a photographer, and then the week after that a forensic scientist.

I just do not know, these are the things i held close to me as passions, also that of a musician or a writer

I know that one

singer/artist/speech therapist/ meteorologist/actress/songwriter/poet -so many dreams, so many schemes

NEVER a teacher

so what am I?

a bloody teacher!!!!!!

has it fulfilled my dreams

NO

I have a friend with bipolar disorder. He spent his teenage years trying to kill himself in dramatic ways.

but he got into medical school, is now in final year and is consisdered one of the best students.

you are 18, my advice: do a biology or biochemistry/biomedical science

and then apply for hte postgraduate medical training.

alternatively train as a nurse and then after a few years try getting into medicine

I always wanted to study criminology, probably due to watching too much cracker lol. I wanted to be a probation officer, working in prisons. But the uni near me didn't offer the course and it never occured to me to move home. I studied history instead and had a meltdown in the second year. Now i can't go back to college because i've defaulted on my student loan.

I think i've failed in most of my jobs because i've been stuck on the bottom rung, feeling resentful of everyone above me, but not having the guts to go for promotion. I'd quite like to write now, but am too scared of criticism to join a writing group.

I would like to be a trouble shooter for failing companys, or and I don't think this will happen now, a ballerina! :lol:

I have always had a fantasy about running my own dating agency for obese people. I love true love so much, and obese people often lack confidence. I think it would be so nice. When I mentioned this to my husband, who is obese, he said, "Oh yes Fairy, all the fatties together!". This led me to believe it was not a good idea. Perhaps just a dating agency, no weight requirements. I wasn't suggesting that big people like big people, little people like little people, deaf people, like deaf people. It became inadvertently offensive.

I am glad you get me Yorkie, this was what I overlooked, pointed out to me by Mr Fairy!

I also had an idea about a hotel for obese people, well the super obese. Where all seats and beds would be huge. And all food would be buffets. Again, my husband said I was being offensive. I thought of this idea after my Father-In-Law got stuck in a bath in France. However, he would not have been using a hotel for super obese people anyway, so that wouldn't have been avoided. Also, my husband said, and I agreed, why would anyone book to go there, it wouldn't make you feel good about yourself. I even had thought about an extra wide diving board for a pool. I had given this extensive thought. I had name aswell "Obecity". Catchy huh?

Hey, i know this is going slightly off-topic here, so i apologise, but i just wanted to ask you a question, Fairy?

And, this isn't meant offensively in the slightest, so please don't read it that way...

But, do you do that a lot?

Where, for example, you will get this seemingly brilliant idea about something...Mainly something that you feel would benefit sooo many other people... and get really excited about it.. only to be told that it sounds offensive in some way, and..you didnt even realise until that person has pointed it out to you?

Just, i do that alot too.. it's actually quite painful to have my 'masterplans' shatterd before my very eyes. =|

But, heck! maybe im just an insensitive fool who gets carried away!!

=\

CrippleAnd..

Yes, I do that all the time! :lol: I so often have these master plans, I tell my husband and he looks disgusted! It transpires I am being racist or fattist, and I am neither of those things. Like with the obesity hotel, I thought, a place for people with weight problems to relax around a swimming pool without being embaressed.

Oh well, maye one day one of my ideas will not be offensive! Glad I am not alone in this! :lol: I don't usually feel upset when it is pointed out to me, I feel more shocked that I can be so blind!

Ahh! you're not the only one who is glad to have found another who does the same thing!

*wipes brow* what a relief! :lol:

But yeah, i think, i am a very emotional person..and so when it is pointed out to me, i tend to go through the whole 'ohhh! but! what if i had somehow managed to find 3 million pounds and had managed to bring this master plan to life, and oh!! how many people would i have hurt! oh, no! ' ...and go down the route of feeling so guilty about all of these people i COULD have offended.

Strange strange strange.

Cornerstone of genius! :lol:

I think before you would have spent ÂŁ3000,000, someone would have pointed out the offensive flaws! :lol: I am always amazed that my husband requires no thinking time to tell me how offensive I am being! It is blatently obvious to all but me! :lol:

Fairy xxx

P.S. Perhaps we should start a business together! :lol:

A truly marvellous idea if ever there was one!!

C'mon, lets go!!

:lol:

Or, on second thoughts... Maybe i'll just get myself a hot chocolate and have a think, maybe twiddle my thumbs a bit.

I think that is the safer, MUCH less offensive option.

Ahh, well, Fairy, we can still dream, right?!

And i know! it must be so ridiculously obvious to all but myself! Eeesh. oh, the shame of it!

:lol:

I have just had a brainwave! :lol:

We can't be the only people, if there are two of us doing this. So, that means some people would embrace our ideas and not see them as offensive! :lol:

I just hope some of those people are super obese! :lol:

Fairy xxx

Archived