Mental Health Forums

If You Didn't Have Mh Issues

Mole

When I was 13, I realised I wanted to be an astronaut, a poet (preferably alive), and breed German Shepherds.

The fact I still find these rational, desirable ambitions is probably part of the problem!

Rebecca (aged 43 and 3/4)

I studied history instead and had a meltdown in the second year. Now i can't go back to college because i've defaulted on my student loan.

I started my 1st degree aged 32, mid-1990's. Thats also when I got v ill, next 10 years in and out of hosp, obviously dropped out with major debts; they quickly became CCJ's.

Now, Ive paid of my (10 year old!) Student loan debt, even though on benefits; and last year completed my 1st year of an OU degree. Im 43, may never be able to use my degree because of age and/or health; but I don't effing care any more; its for me, to prove I can do it, even if it takes until I'm 80.

there's already a hotel for fat people in mexico. i saw an itv programme about it. it's usually for americans but they took some brits over there and they loved it.

I have been thinking about this post since I last posted on here. And I think that I have come to the conclusion, that if this didn't happen and that didn't happen then I wouldn't be mentally ill. But been mentally ill meant I met my soulmate, my fiance. Without both of us been ill we wouldn't have known each other and I can't imagine life without him. If I wasn't ill I wouldn't be living hundreds of miles from home and I wouldn't be getting married and talking about children.

Yeah I might have got my career but I don't think i would have been very good as during my training I drew on my own experiances of been mentally ill to empathise and understand my patients.

All in all I guess what I am trying to say is, my life is turbulant and I struggle a lot but I have alot of good stuff in my life I wouldn't have if I wasn't ill.

Natx

YAY FAIRY!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I shall get over my ED and come stay tooooooo!!!!!

Wow... If you actually did done do this, i probably would set that as my goal.

Is that a bit weird? :unsure:

The Crip xx

Though, an idea i would like to put forward...

Have you considered the possibility of having a capital 'c' also? Like this --- ObeCity ?

Just a thought. I think it would maybe be nice. Cause then you could have it all grand over the main entrance.. and you'd have an excuse for having TWO overblown fancy capital letters instead of just the one.

:) Only trying to be helpful.

Crip x

I think ObeCity would be fantastic. Could you also have a naturist beach? we always wandred round naked and i miss it.

I would never marry a very obese person though cos it limits so many sexual positions. think i would also find it hard to marry a slim person who was willing to marry very obese me, cos then they wouldnt have my values. so, if i want marriage the only thing to do is get ack to being overweight rather than17stone (though i do carry it well being perfectly proprortioned :)

Thanks guys this idea is growing again, as you don't seem to find it too offensive! I think ObeCity is brilliant with the capital "C". Oh, I am going to be thinking about this marvellous plan again now.

It started out because I also thought we are all getting fatter. More and more people can't fit in cinema seats and plane seats. So, I thought my customer base would grow as obesity does!

Maybe one day! :lol:

Well currently I'm a veterinary nurse but not working due to the illness. I may have to give up my job after having studied for 2 years and passed all but one practical exam. I was too ill to take it :( - but eventually I wanted to work in a zoo with big cats.

x-Bliss-x

If I could, I'd follow my dream and study Psychology at the University of Amsterdam. It's just too much for me atm. I can't deal with the pressure. I'd have to quit not even halfway through the first year, I'm sure.

After that, I don't know what I'd do... That's something I wanted to find out while studying, I'd specialize in a specific 'part' of psychology... Once I get myself sorted out and feel I'm strong enough, I WILL do this.

• 2 years later...

I once considered being a Police Officer but I know too much of the job would affect me in many bad ways.

At the moment I'm still trying to be an author, though my self-doubt means I'll probably never even finish my manuscript, let alone submit it to a publisher.

If I'd never suffered from MH issues I'd probably have done okay at school, gone to University and be currently working in the IT industry.

I am determined to finish my PhD. I have been at it over 3 years and I am still a long way off but I'm not giving up. After that, who knows.....

hhhhmmmmmmmm got to think about this the thing is i never have had an ambition, never known where i belong in the work place..... i would like to be able to go back and get some qualifications to help me get a good job, to be able to concentrate on one thing at a time, and have some sort of brains all i knnow is im to simple to get it together enough to know what i can do, im to thick to get a proper job, just wish that i was able to just have the confidence to get somewhere and know what i want to do!!

to be as good a mum as possible

and to work with animals, i am determined to do it even with mh, animals dont care if u have mh probs or not they love u anyway :lol:

ermmmm, well im doing courses hoping to either go into mental health social work or possibly general medicine not sure yet.

gotta say tho without my mental health my creative side would be less, and my inspiration and poassion i think would be less, so i'll keep my mh but at arms length lol, its a part of who i am,

but not who i am. :D

I'd be a hairdresser but i hope i'm going to be one anyway

if i wasnt depressed i probably would have done my nvq when i was 16-18 instead of 19-21 or maybe gone straight to work. it would have been nice to do 6th form like my sister but you needed like BBBCC in your gcses and i hated school anyway

I always wanted to be an author or work with animals as well. I would still love to write a book but you know, lack of confidence/ motivation, probably never get round to it. The other thing I used to dream about was owning a little shop where I could make and sell my own clothes. I’m hoping this one might come true, since I’m doing fashion and textiles at college. But owning a shop would mean having to go in everyday without fail. I think I’d find that really hard.

If I didn’t have mh problems. I probably would have gone to study English at uni and then write my own novel series.

Also. To Fairy and Crippie. I do that all the time too. I get what I think are awesome masterplans and get really excited about them until someone points out that they are offensive or physically impossible.

i wanted to be a lawyer, from around the age of 6, nothing else i wanted to do. hard dream to let go of - i am now 27 with a string of convictions and a mental health record, including being sectioned. so hadda let that one go, albeit bitterly...

i also wanted to write, which i do although never been published, except for magazines and stuff..hopefully ill have a book out there one day :)

i now want to to do linguistics :) i dont see this as a fall back choice, i see it as the choice i never knew about, what i REALLY want to do :) i am in college starting the road to uni...i WILL get there and i WILL graduate...and i will be what i want to be , not what they all said i couldnt...

but the lawyer thing still gets me at times...cuz i know i cudda been an ace one

((((((toaster)))))))

most ppl could probably be great at lots of things but they only become great at one. and youre going to be great at linguistics xxx

((((((toaster)))))))

most ppl could probably be great at lots of things but they only become great at one. and youre going to be great at linguistics xxx

i love how you word things...thank you :) xx

Archived