Mental Health Forums

I Am Having Problems Again

Tray

Well, I have always had issue's with food. I have posted before, but things are rearing their ugly head again.

I use to starve myself when I was around 15 yrs old, and then got into the binge/purge/laxatives thing. I now have severe IBD, GORD and a general crappy tummy.

I am now overweight, have been for a while, thats not the issue. I actually aint all that bothered about being fat, its not about being a size zero for me, its about not having food in my tummy. I just dont like it.

when I first got pregnant, I couldnt stomach food, just the way it is, I was lucky not to get morning sickness, as I can no longer be sick properly since the surgery for my GORD. But since I have started to feel better, and can eat a little, thou I am still off food, I cant bring myself to eat much. I dont like the feeling of being full. I dont like eating, full stop. Before i would eat and then vomit, but it hurts so much now, althou occ I do still try to make me feel better.

Problem is, I am 18 weeks pregnant, and not eating is not good because of this. I have so far lost a stone in weight, but am so paranoid about gaining lots of weight, I constantly weight myself. I havnt put any back on at all.

I am trying to eat some things, cause I know I need to for sake of pregnancy, but its hard.

I was told that usually most women ignore, or put aside their ED when pregnant, as they see it as a time when they dont have to worry about it, i think mine is getting worse because of it.

Tray

How horrible for you, I really suggest you go to your GP, an ED clinc or a T. It is very dangerous for you and the baby, particularly in you 18th week. Please seek some support perhaps if nothing else they can give you some nutritional drinks to maintain your weight.

Be safe

Dixie

Awww Tray.

I can only second the above comments with all my heart.

Please, look after yourself, luv. And seek some help - they are there to help you, especially in this difficult time. Hugs -Dx

thanx guys.

I told my T on thu, that I was concerned and she is going to sort summat out for me. It prob dont help I have been so low, but been back on the anti - d's now for two weeks, so maybe when they start to kick in better, i shall feel more like eating.

I have just txt the bf, and said i will cook us summat nice for tea tonite, we are stopping in (as usual, i dont like going out at the mo) and watching films, so i was thinking of doing a nice meal for us, then I might feel like eating.

I had a meal at the pub yesterday, well a burger and chips, didnt eat half of it, but tried. I also had some wedges at drayton manor, so i did really well yesterday, but now i feel really bloated today.

I am trying to eat some stuff, i have had some cereal, and a nectarine and a plum, and some crisps, i have to eat a little cause of the horrendous heartburn again, but i am literally eating enuf to for the pregnancy, and not for me...

I am going to try tonite tho

That sounds like you're doing really well, Tracy!!! :)

Are you still witholding fruit from your friends? LOL!!! :D

What are you cooking later? I think I may even hit the kitchen tonight!!!!

You've done brilliantly yesterday and today - you are trying and winning. Eat little and often, that's the best advice for anyone. I hope the heartburn settles down (I remember that feeling when I came off my last starvation cycle :( My heart goes out to you there!)

Take care Trace! Stay strong!

Your BPD Bro -Dx

ha Daz, yea I am lol

I have a reflux disorder, so the heartburn is constant again, the surgery i had in Feb didnt work. I am back on the meds tho, so it is ok'ish, well fairly managable...

Not a clue what I am doing for tea, I have a limited diet cause of the surgery, and cause og the IBD as well, and I really dont feel hungry as in oh I fancy so and so, so gona let the bf decide...

i might try baking cakes tomoz,

Mmmmmmm Cake! :)

Sorry, your really going thru it with the heartburn - no fun. So long as you get something down you tonight. I still think you're doing brilliant!

Keep smiling, Tracy! Nice pic of the cat by the way (FaceBook - groovy eyes!!!) ;)

Take care! -Dx

i did sausage mash and peas, i managed some sausage, two mouthfulls of mash, no peas tho, gone off them lol

Bailey my cat is my little angel, or devil ha

Good start, Tracy - got some protein in there to keep your body and baby growing, and a l'il bit of carbs for energy - Job done (I hate peas too!!!)

Looking back, you've done really well today. Cereal is always the best start, and you got some fruit in there too - Essential!!! :) I'm proud of ya - go celebrate and have a bit of chocolate or something! :)

Give Bailey a snuggle from me! (I miss having a cat! ;))

Keep your head up, girl. Keep moving forwards!!! With u all the way!!!!

Hugz -Dx

Archived