Mental Health Forums

Mental Health First Aid Kit

wabbit

A while back I decided to make a mental health First aid kit. It consists of things to do to stay in the moment. (DBT) They are simple things that help me to remember when I am not feeling emotionally well that I can stay in the moment. Such as bubbles, I could play with them for hours, they are so relaxing. Play doh, a slinky, coloring book and crayons, nothing like the smell of fresh crayons to send you back a few decades. Chocolate. Bubble bath, to relax with. Candles. to go with the bubble bath. Chewing gum so that I can blow big bubbles. I noticed a theme going on here. HAH!

What would you put in yours? :rolleyes::wacko: :blink:

Wow, that is such a neat idea!

For me that is mostly my pets though. Cuddling with my dogs or cats or teaching my parrot a new word...I just love that. Or taking the dogs for a romp...it gets my mind in a good place every time.

I like bath oils and candles and fruit juices in fluted glasses - scented baths. And cheerful music, music that makes you want to dance....and sing along. Yes, chocolate. Chocolate is always good.

For me that is mostly my pets though. Cuddling with my dogs or cats or teaching my parrot a new word...I just love that. Or taking the dogs for a romp...it gets my mind in a good place every time.

I like bath oils and candles and fruit juices in fluted glasses - scented baths. And cheerful music, music that makes you want to dance....and sing along. Yes, chocolate. Chocolate is always good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is a cool idea wabbitt How about going for walks in the forest, by the seaside, reading your scriptures and other uplifting material. Listen to music seeking out good company or writing uplifting letters to help others

I like the chocolate idea and the bubbles candles etc

I find spending time with children help me they r so intouch with the real world and r loving and kind

I would put bubbles in mine, too. They cheer me up. Chocolate, of course, and PEZ. I would keep some candle and sea shells in there too, cause they always make me happy. I would keep a good book and... some juice boxes... (apple juice of course)... with some goldfish crackers.

Archived