Mental Health Forums

Trying To Deal With Obesity

chorse_70

"I hate myself cause I eat too much and I eat too much cause I hate myself. It's a vicious cycle" Said by Big Fat Bastard from Austin Powers. Ever since I heard this I've said this describes me to a tee. I overeat for so many reasons. When I'm happy I eat. When I'm sad I eat, When I'm lonely, when I'm bored, when I'm out with friends. It dosen't matter what mood I'm in I eat all the time and I'm fat as can be. No girl will even look at me. How can I teach my brain to stop this over eating and snacking at night? Dieting didn't work,exercising only lost a little weight,support groups are a joke. Help,Help Help.

hi chorse

im classed as being in the obese, have been for a good many years now, its weird sometimes im like this ain't right i shouldnt be like this, thats when my son comes home bad tempered cos yet again he has hit someone for saying your mums a big fat whale, then the other times when mother comes for her yearly visit with clotheing like knickers that she brought for her self but they were so huge huge she though i might want them lol! cos of cors im so huge huge so they must fit me!

then there are the main times when im happy happy! i was such an odd shape when i had a shape when i was young to much up top i had such a thing about it i had no mirrors in my house untill i was obese,

yep im what you call fat and happy, i don't try to diet no point i will only go out my way to break the rules, and binge out on chocy i think in the past when i look who has the probs about my weight its not me its other people.......the only issue i have with it is health issues but to except me as i am has made my weight stable.... yep if get upset im heading straight down the shop for chocolates and cream stuff......i allow myself to this........... oh my im not helping but hey ya not alone,

jelly x

Hey there, I'm classed as morbidly obese, and sometimes I can be really strong, and not want to eat, and then sometimes I just wanna binge, and when I binge it's chocolate or cakes, I don't know what the answer is. I recently had an assessment at a clinic, on the nhs, for weight loss methods, not just surgery, the outcome was that, I can't have the appetite supressants because they work on the same part of the brain as all my BPD meds, and I can't have surgery of any kind on the NHS, because they won't perform it on people with mental health issues, how bizzare, it is part of my mental health issues yet they won't help me, I take 4 different kinds of meds for my BPD probs, and they all have side effects of increased appetite, if I stop them I'd go off my head, and if I take them I'm gonna eat. It's a lose/lose situation, I'm so down at the moment it's ridiculous, yet my shrink thinks I'm not depressed because I'm fat and therefore do not have a loss of appetite, and therefore am not depressed. What a joke.

Sorry I don't have the answer Chorse, just thought you'd appreciate knowing you're not alone, as for no girl looking at you, if you're gonna lose weight, do it for you , no one else.

Take Care

Sarah :bigarmhug[1]:

My husband is overweight, currently losing it, jolly good for him. He has said the same as you Chorse in the past. He eats for every occasion. Good news, bad news, boredom, lonliness. I think he has managed to lose weight now and in the past by replacing food for something else. At the moment he is going to the gym everyday for 20-30 minutes. He also has a new obsession, Nintendo Wii, shooting games. I notice in the evenings, he doesn't seem to snack any more than me now. He is distracted enough not to be thinking about what he can eat next. I think like any addiction, when life does get really tough, you turn back to it. When he lost his Mother, he just didn't care what he ate, went back to getting up in the night and making sandwiches, also I would find a load of chocolate bar wrappers in his trouser pockets when I washed them. I think if we feel denied, we won't suceed, we need to replace the addiction.

As for girls, my husband has always been overweight, and I think he is the most handsome and beautiful person in the whole world. :wub: The right person for you will love you as you are.

Fairy xxx

As for girls, my husband has always been overweight, and I think he is the most handsome and beautiful person in the whole world. :wub: The right person for you will love you as you are.

Fairy xxx

For the boys - ditto!!!! :)

-Dx

My husband is overweight, currently losing it, jolly good for him. He has said the same as you Chorse in the past. He eats for every occasion. Good news, bad news, boredom, lonliness. I think he has managed to lose weight now and in the past by replacing food for something else. At the moment he is going to the gym everyday for 20-30 minutes. He also has a new obsession, Nintendo Wii, shooting games. I notice in the evenings, he doesn't seem to snack any more than me now. He is distracted enough not to be thinking about what he can eat next. I think like any addiction, when life does get really tough, you turn back to it. When he lost his Mother, he just didn't care what he ate, went back to getting up in the night and making sandwiches, also I would find a load of chocolate bar wrappers in his trouser pockets when I washed them. I think if we feel denied, we won't suceed, we need to replace the addiction.

Fairy xxx

Absolutely, beauty is what we are, not what we look like.

Archived