Mental Health Forums

New Meds

xoomer

So,

My Dr. Decided that the lithium was a bad Idea- so I stopped it and he took my Adderall Dose and Dropped it off to half of my normal dose to 10MG... and gives me A bunch of Ambien- because I complained of Insomnia- he talked about depakote but then mentioned to me that he is leaving his practice, and he didn't have time to start me on any new medications and then told me that he doesn't have any idea who I can go to after him..

Any ideas what I can do or who I can go to? :o

I'm confused how this phych Dr. really works- is just a game that they play- is this something they do on a regular basis?

BTW I'm watching the Movie Prozac Nation, it just seems like its well placed with my life it seems like its very close except I don't have a huge creative streak?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not from the U.S. but most of the younger psychiatrists in the UK are too detached which makes them careless, it is not really 'aimed', it just impacts everyone :( and they don't have enough view of a whole person - in a nutshell they don't get around enough.

The 'mental health teams' in the UK which are an arm of government *, are constantly reorganising, e.g mine twice in 18 months while they were proving to me they were disastrously inexpert.

A shame your other doctor doesn't know who you should go to - a while ago after several years' not being 100% comfortable at my old practice for certain specific reasons (and they wren't a 100% write off but it was on balance), I visited my colleague's surgery and they said they were full up but I could try over the road, a jovial rambling Victorian building at the top of the hill, and I was accepted there, and the receptionists there are beacons of welcome and all the doctors I've seem so far especially the one I am registered to, are on the ball and enthusiastic.

You could raise a new thread putting the words adderall, ambien and depakote in the title? What is the other name for ambien?

All the best,

* in terms of their own set-up i.e not a bunch of doctors self-governing

Archived