Mental Health Forums

Oh My God - Again

DressageGal

I thought my last relapse when my uncle died was just a blip which is understandale but now, my best mate who I work with (who also used to have an eating disorder so she knows all about me), has gone travelling and my sister has gone down south to Uni and I had a binge/purge AGAIN because I was upset about them leaving and the thing that makes me feel really stupid is that my mate will be back in a few months and my sister will come home on her holidays so its not like there gone for good but I just miss not having them to talk to and I REALLY don't want to go through all that again but I don't know what to do.

I have binge eating disorder myself and I can understand being alone and being a pit panicky about that can make one binge and purge. Yes they will come back but for now its obviously overwhelming for you to be without them.

What I have learned is that there is no such thing as perfection, a lot of people with ED's want to heal and be perfect in the sense that they never again binge and purge. But we are humans and humans have fall backs and make mistakes, so instead of beating yourself up expect that every now you might have a fall back but that doesn't undo the hard work you have done and the things that you have learned, they are all still there and this is an uppertunity to learn more.

What you could do is make a fall back plan for yourself so the next time you have a fall back you will have a plan of action, like maybe write down, I can make a mistake, I can have fallback thats ok I can continue on the healthy road was on I can pick that up again this doesnt reuin everything. And you could for instance agree with yourself that when you have a fallback you'll talk to someone or come here or do whatever else helps you.

Lilly

Archived