Mental Health Forums

Q&a

fallen_angel1983

hi everyone i got my partner to answer some questions from the stop walking eggshells book and i wanted to know if anyone else has asked they partner, friend or loved one any of this questions and what the results were.

I will put a star next to the ones my partner answered. This really made me think about my behaviour.

*Do people in healthy, happy relantionships tell you that they don't understand that they don't understand why you are still putting up with the BP's behaviour? Do you try to avoid contact with these people?

*Do you feel the need to covert u[p some of the BP's behaviour Have you betrayed other peoples or told lies to protect the BP or your relantionship with them.

*Are you feeling islotated

*Does the thought of spending time with the BP give you unpleasent physical sensations? Do you have other possibly stress-related ailments?

Has the BP ever expressed thier anger at you by attempting to cause you legal, social, financial difficulties? Has this happened more then once?

*Are you becoming clinically depressed? Signs of depression include:becoming less intrested in normal activities, taking less pleasure in life, gaining or losing weight having sleeping problems, thinking of suicide, having feelings of wothlessness, feeling tired all the time, and having trouble concentrating.

have you considered sucide? Do you think that friends and loved ones would be bettedr off without you?. If yes seek help immediately.

*Have you acted in ways that go aganist your fundamental values and beliefs as a result of your rwlantionship with the bordrline in your life Are you no longer able to tske a stand for what you beileve?

Are you concerned about the affects of this person behaviour on children? Have you ever interceded to prevent abuse from occuring?

*Have you ever or the BP ever put each other in physical danger or in a situation where physical danger was possibleor likely?

*Are you making decisions mainly out of fear, obligation, and guilt?

* Does your realntionship with the BP seem to be more about power and control than kindness and caring?

Archived