Mental Health Forums

Reparenting,hypnosis,depression

LadyMacbeth

Yesterday, my friend picked me up from school and we went over to the habour and were just sitting on a bench and she started asking me questions about how I was feeling and I was very close to tears...I felt weep the whole afternoon. After my friend dropped me off at a bar/restuarant so I could have time to reflect upon how I felt before I went to my T appt. I started writing down my feelings so I could show her. I had a beer while waiting and called my older friend hysterial because I felt as if I were having a nervous breakdown.

I went to my session and my T new right off the bat that I was feeling down. I told her I felt really bad and then told her I felt so bad that I c*t and she wanted to see it so I showed her. I poured my heart out to her and let her know exactly what was going on and how I was feeling. She asked me questions about how my mother treated me and what she used to do to me. I also told her about the feeling and images I had when I was a kid.

It went really well she was not going to committment and I asked her if she felt differently of me and she didn't. She told me that I am completely justified to feel the way I do and that therapy is about "reparenting." We had a great honest conversation about our own therapy and she told me that she felt the connection the first session and I agreed.

I also asked her how she learned to detatch from her clients and she told me that you are trainned in doing so. She actually told me because I can feel the pain of others I would make a good therapist especially when it comes to "reparenting."

I also had to see her for a second time in less than 24 hours this morning for my anxiety. She wants us to uncover the anxiety before we move onto the personality issues. Today she was trying to teach me relaxing techniques some form of hypnosis and she put a pulse monitor on my wrist so she could check my heart rate. I tried to "go under" but that weird switching derealization feeling washed over me so it was hard to do so. She is becomming vertified in hypnotherapy so I asked her when I can learn to relax if she can put me in a deep trace. Its freaky but all so fascinating.

Archived