Mental Health Forums

Was Gabapentin Dosage Giving Me Memory Loss

Miko

I've been on a honeymoon with my gabapentin for the last 6 days but am wondering if it has been causing a sort of partial memory loss and random auditory memories like the citalopram did in 2006.

(The latter are half-remembered or even mis-remembered phrases in my head that sometimes resemble the tone of people I've known, quite natural at any time if they aren't too prominent) They are also a sign I've not slept enough

Partial memory wipe out I don't like the feel of at all.

I'm scaling the 900mg back to 300mg and asking my GP to phone me back - which he likes to do if asked :)

ANyone else found something similar happening?

no i found i was losing my memory before i took the gabapentin because the pain was so severe and the gabapentin actually brought my brain back partially into functioning.. i dont think ive ever herd of that, although i knew a girl who went absolutely insane on it and stopped breathing randomly but ive never herd of that, i wouldnt take it straight from 900 to 300 id go 900 600 300 if you could, because its a drug with withdrawel symptoms, and if your anything like me the minute i dont take it i cant even stand for anyone to be near me because the pain is so encompasssing..

id talk to yr dr asap, good luck

Archived