Mental Health Forums

Please Mention Dose As Well As Name Of Drug,

Miko

If possible please feel free to mention the dosage of any medicines as the effect will differ greatly and it can help other readers understand dosage-related issues.

A particular medicine may findamentally be helpful on balance at the right dose for a person but if it was prescribed at say ten times less or ten times more than the right dose, the conclusion might be reached that it is harmful altogether for that person, or that the psychiatrist means to ignore their concerns, all verdicts I have had to look at but which may not necessarily have been the case, but which it is almost impossible to recategorise once the issue has become clouded by a wrong dose being prescribed.

Thus I think we may equip each other - if feeling assertive enough - to give the psychiatrist guidance if we are acquiring a 'feel' that we tend to need a far stronger dose than standard of some classes of drugs, or far weaker.

E.g 37mg venlafaxine could have a different effect from 150mg venlafaxine just to pick a random example.

All very complex but if there isn't a reason not to, in my opinion it could help. Thanks :) and apologies for just saying 'low' or 'high' myself sometimes when I could have given you figures.

Archived