Mental Health Forums

Re-adding Old Drugs To My Regime

Miko

As suggested by my GP I am resuming the 0.5 to 1mg risperidone and 10 to 20mg amitriptyline daily to my gabapentins, and s*d the weight gain!

These are reinforcing both the wide mental vision and the pain killing aspects of the gabapentin.

As to gabapentin I am wavering between 1,200 and 300mg, still experimenting, perhaps I'll steady up at the 600 mark. I am wary of a memory loss risk.

I am out for the best chance of being in touch with both the true sadnesses and the true happinesses though not too overwhelmingly.

Wishing you all good meds yourselves,

all id say is watch out for the amitryptiline, its a funny one, im specifically wary of it because i was overdosed on it by my dr and nearly died (i was 15, 6 stone and on 200mg) but the side affects i got from that even on lower doses were insane and i would never touch that now out of all of them, saying that tho i know people who have found it very helpful so dont let me sway you especially if youve been on it before just be careful with your dosage.

Yes, some people who have taken the same drugs as me have done well whereas on 150mg venlafaxine daily for about a month for example it caused me agitation and fog in the head for about nine months with damagingly life-changing results (that was from the clinic as OP). You can cut tablets in half or - larger ones - into quarters but capsules are more difficult - I have been recommended to mess about with apple sauce and that is going to be too complicated for me.

I will say my new GP is in favour of pills being split - from the next largest available to fine tune dose - or taking two halves to aid absorption. He is also in favour of doses lower than the 'regulation' (and presumably higher too but that hasn't arisen yet). Fortunately my old GPs were in favour of 0.5 mg risperidone in the first place.

Archived