Mental Health Forums

Longest Lasting Side Effects

Miko

What were your longest lasting side effects?

Mine was nine months agitation and fogged up mind from a month's taking 150mg venlafaxine as outpatient.

It has devastated relationships and business matters at a crucial time.

im still affected now by amitryptiline and i came off that when i was 16.. it was one of the things which led to the begginning of my relapse which left me bedbound.. i also lost the use of my pillow when i took it when i was 19.. but its hard to know what was the drugs and what was the relapse it caused.. but i couldnt use a pillow for 2 years, and i eventually lost the ability to even use 1..

allso propranolol slowed my pulse down but made my migraines much worse and my general circulation is still worse now.

other then that i had huge problems with mertazapan but the side affects only lasted a couple of months but when i was on it i was a complete zombie and not in the world

After taking Lithium for three months I had bad skin for a year and then it finally went away.

Strange idea huh that things can have an effect for so long.

Lilly

citalopram stopped me from doing mental arithmatic. I was always great at adding up in my head before, even when depressed. It took about a year to be able to do it again. I was forgetting words for a long time too.

Archived