Mental Health Forums

Another Picture

Jelly-bean

to me this has always been one of my worst pic,s i wish i could put a rubber to it now,

behind every man there is a woman surporting him!!! maybe??

Hey Jelly,

I think it s an amazing picture , you are very talented.

To me it is about power. The small man, ladys hand, long nails. The man is naked, vunerable, he is thin. He is left dangling at the mercy of the female.

Fairy xxx

thank you fairy for your insight

i keep thinking its about world poverty, and mother earth!

being that man all over the world is suffering and mother earth although, has the food the wealth can only suport so much! rambling now ....... jelly

Hey Jelly,

It is interesting you metioned poverty. One of the first things that struck me was the how thin the man is. He looks almost emaciated. The long perfect nails could represent wealth.

Have you ever done art therapy? I did it for about a year, several years ago, it was very interesting.

Fairy xxx

hi fairy funny you should say that, i have started to see a counsellor and she asked me to draw for her, as i explained something to her and she just told me i must draw it for her thing is i drew these pictures about 5 years ago now,

as yet i haven't done what she wants me to do..........but i have been considering it after the reactions i got for my first drawing, if i do the picture for her i will end up posting it here to, see what you think of it fairy, well i might lol!

its been some time!

jelly

Go for it Jelly, you are so talented and it is an excellent way of communicating any emotions, difficult or otherwise. I look forward to seeing more of your art.

Fairy xxx

Hi Jelly, to me it's about dominance and control. I don't see the woman supporting the man, I see the nails as being aggressive and a sign of her power over him, and he is totally at her mercy...seeking something that from the look of her harshness, he isn't going to receive. He's not being supported, his needs aren't being met.

My thought was whether you had switched roles here.

you are really talented they are so good.

i see it as a power/aggression thing too, the man holding on, thin and trying to sink into the fleshy part of the hand and the long nails just waiting to get him.

xxx

• 1 year later...

Your images are very interesting, Jelly. I feel like there is so much underneath to what you draw. Brilliant stuff.

More please :).

Archived