Mental Health Forums

Confused

Missfit

I'm prescribed 20mg Cipralex, 200mg Lamotrigine & 1,200mg Sodium Valproate a day. Now, i've not been taking any of it for quite a while, I was on 6 pills a day & half the time just didn't have the motivation to take them, sounds easy doesn't it? Just to take pills 2x a day, but for me it was a huge effort.

Anyway, although right now i'm getting depressed I haven't gone high or too down since being off them, so I guess that means i'm not BPD & Bipolar? So WHY have they had me on these pills! Obviously I can't ask, it'd mean saying i've not taken them. I'm so confused.

I don't know the answer to that. With meds its always trial and error though, for me for instance I have been on different anti depressants that didnt work for me but that didn't mean I wasnt depressed just that the meds didn't work for me, you see what I mean??

Also if you havent been off them too long they might still be in your blood and you might not notice the effect of being off them until later.

I think its ok to tell them you haven't been taking them and express your concerns about wheter these meds are right for you. if they are good they wont judge you just try to work with you to figure this out and maybe give you more info so you can stop being so confused about this.

Lilly

I don't know the answer to that. With meds its always trial and error though, for me for instance I have been on different anti depressants that didnt work for me but that didn't mean I wasnt depressed just that the meds didn't work for me, you see what I mean??

Also if you havent been off them too long they might still be in your blood and you might not notice the effect of being off them until later.

I think its ok to tell them you haven't been taking them and express your concerns about wheter these meds are right for you. if they are good they wont judge you just try to work with you to figure this out and maybe give you more info so you can stop being so confused about this.

Lilly

It's stupid isn't it, i'm worried if I say i've come off them they'll stop treating me, yet if I wanted them i'd take them! Whenever I just stop taking meds suddenly (DO NOT DO THIS) I never feel any withdrawal or anything it's almost like they do nothing yet they must cause I used to be lots worse. I don't wanna say cause my CPN leaves 28th November & they might think it's attention seeking etc due to that, plus they might think well i'm off meds & doing ok so obviously i'm well & don't need them. Them as in the Psyc etc

I just feel so tired I can never keep up taking them, almost like exercise, yanno where you have good intentions & say i'll go out everyday but after a while you just don't. I try to take em then just lose motivation, how's that for depression, no motivation to take the meds! lol

I just want to give up, I dunno if that's why i've stopped, yanno subconsciously.

Archived