Mental Health Forums

Confused And Scared

littleone

i dont really know even know how to say what i want to so im sorry for my incoherent ramblings.

im not even sure i should be posting this but i dont know what else to do.

i am scared i mean really scared everything seems to be going out of control, i missed my assesment at the ed clinic today got the dates mixed up!

i feel ill, last night my wee was blue like ink ive never heard of that before ive googled but cant find anything other than one type of diuretics contains something (taurine) that can have that side effect but ive checked and double checked and mine doesnt contain it or anything related to it at all,

my tongue sometimes swells it tends to be on an evening and its at its worse when im in bed

it rubs on my teeth making it sore and im constantly swallowing which makes me feel queasy ive tried drinking water in case its dehydration it never helps though, when it happens it lasts for hours usually until i finaly fall asleep. theres loads of other stuff going on too but the lists too long to mention.

has anyone ever had these happen? im not sure if im being paranoid or its related to the ed thing.

ive not been to see my gp because as she says herself she doesnt know anything about it, i now have to wait for another appt and the waiting time is around 3 months.

ive tried calling helplines but all they can advise is go to my gp so im stuck, ive also gained 2 1/2 lbs over night because i broke my fast... i know some would say thats good but its NOT and its just made me feel even worse, im really struggling here what do i do??

TBH littleone what you describe no one here can diagnose. If your GP is not able to support you, I would go to the emergency department.

Taurine is in drinks like Red Bull and Kick, any kinda caffine drink like that, which could perhaps affect it. But if you are taking diruetics too, you need to get yourself checked out. You are obviously worried, it is not safe if your tongue is swelling up, particularly at night time.

Helplines are correct to tell you to contact your GP, and perhaps if you go to the ED they will speed up the appt time with your pdoc.

Good luck

Dixie

hI Littleone

you may be experiencing a swelling of your salivary/ parotid glands (if you are bingeing and vomiting) I had this once and it wasn't too pretty - I looked like a chipmunk. Go and check with your GP as to whether this is the case. I know how shitty you can feel over weight gain but it's probably just water-induced weight gain and will go away. I get the same thing if I dare eat more than my usual strict regime but the good news is that it always goes back to baseline if it is binge induced. Anorexics tend to overestimate the amount they have eaten. So don't worry about weight gain, focus on sorting the physical out

Good luck with your treatment and feel free to PM me anytime if you need a buddy/source of advice

nuclearwinter (who has been in the ED phase for a long time and also holds the , most-up-top -date training regarding eating disorders as a professional counsellor! Wish I could put it into practice for myself but Im a dedicated starve-aholic!)x

isn't blue pee also a sign of syphillus? i remember it from that film The Madness of King George. not that i want to worry you lol. like dixie said, you need to go to the gp and have a test or you'll just get loads of wrong diagnosis's from the internet.

Archived