Mental Health Forums

Akathesia

Shelley

I started a new med last week and now I have Akathesia, It's driving me mad, I stopped the drug on Sunday buy im still suffering, I can't sleep or sit still, shrink says theres nothing he can do, I just have to wait for the drug to wear off, but does anyone know how long it takes? The med was ARIPRAZOLE. Anyone else had this???? :(

I think I had akithesia (Sp?) years ago when I was on Haldol...believe me, I stopped that quick!! It is awful. I guess it took several days to get back to "normal". However, you were on a different drug, and I don't know how much of it, so the time it takes for the medicine to get out of your system could very well be different. It will get out, though......it will get better....hang in there.

• 1 month later...

i get it too, not cos of a drug though although i was on ariprazole but had it before i was on that. propranolol can help with it in low doses so if it doesnt go you might want to ask about that. i have random twitches, having to constantly walk about or jiggle my legs, cant keep still no matter what even when trying to sleep so i know how frustrating it can be.

xxx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This happened to me once when my GP put my Fluoxetine up to 60mg. I thought i was going crazy, probably one of the worst feelings i have ever encountered.

Aurora :)

Archived