Mental Health Forums

Meds & Blackouts

Roses

I see a pattern emerging. It's not every night, but sometimes I take my 10pm meds and then, all of a sudden it's the next morning and I have no idea how I got into bed or what happened. I've had conversations, eaten, seen to the kids and even had sex and not remembered a thing!!!!!!!! Luckily my partner is here to clue me in on what I did. This is really scaring me. My care co-ordinator has said it's probably stress related and not meds but if this was so I'd expect to have these blackouts at all times of day, not just after these meds.

I take lithium, loferpramine, propanolol and zolpiderm at night. I've been on them nearly a year but it's only last 4/5 months have had the blackouts. Any ideas if it is the meds causing it?

I think its unlikely because these symptoms would have surfaced when you started the meds if it was the meds.

Can you talk to your doc about it??

Lilly

I have read that zolpidem (Ambien) can cause someone to do things while "sleeping"...such as eating, talking to other people, etc. I have experienced this indirectly; someone I know who was taking this drug talked to me over the phone after she had taken it and did not remember it later. Iwould not doubt that it is the Ambien at least.

Archived