Mental Health Forums

Lonely...

janey

Two years ago, i had so many friends. I even had a birthday party and loads of people came, friends, family etc.

Met b/f and the relationship was soooo intense and we had loads of plans for the future, move to a different area of the country etc.

Then, in the last year, my three best friends have gone (one up north and we don't speak anymore, one moved to the U.S. and disappeared and the other one moved up north with her hubby and kids etc). Three or so other friends have disappeared too.

Now my love has abandoned me and gone... and I don't seem to have anyone. No-one I can phone and just go out with or call to come over. It's awful! I feel lost and lonely.

Where has everyone gone?!!!

I KNOW there are friends on here... but it's not the same, is it? Not the same as having a drink and a natter...

:(

Just loads and loads of empty, lonely hours...

((((((((((Janey))))))))))

dont know what to say!

it's hard when you loose friends!

but please hang in there

:bigarmhug[1]::bigarmhug[1]::bigarmhug[1]:

as you correctly stated you have lots of friends here

hopefully one day you will meet some of them!

take care

Traceyxxx

(((((janey))))

I understand how you feel. I lost all my friends when i got married and moved away.

I lacked the confidence for years to make new ones, at the time bpd was really strong.

But slowly over the last year or so ive started to make new ones.

It will happen for you as well.

xxxx

((((((((((((Janey))))))))))))

I understand what you are going through. I lost many of my friends from moving so much and graduating college. I still keep in touch with a few but its hard because they are so far away from me. I know I have made a few really close friends here and even though its not the same as hanging out with them in purpose they have been great emotional support. And I am sure I will meet them. So it does actually feel good to make friends on here who understand what you are going thru.

Love, LM

janey,

i know how you feel. all my friends did a levels. i didnt. then they all went to uni, . and moved away and stayed there. now i hardly see any of them. they know nothing about me. it's like i dont have friends now. my bf left me last july, then a friend left me in january. but i know i will meet other people. i will have other friends. and so will you. just have some hope, things do happen. you are a great person and you will meet so many more people in your life. be strong, because things WILL get better.

Hey jane, its just a phase. Think back before the last 2 years? I find that these things come and go. All part of lifes rich tapestry as some smug git once said. Two years ago I had no friends; 6 months ago a girlfriend and lots of friends; now some friends and no girlfriend. All those plans gone. Yes, good friends on here aren't quite the same, but they aren't quite the same in a different way (if that makes sense!). The thing I've learnt as part of recovery is to not give up on anything - friends, work, relationships, etc. When we give up, stuff gives up on us. Hold in there, chin up, and for the time being virtual drinks and a natter will get us all by.

(Hmmm...stop me if I'm talking shit though...I have a tendancy to..)

I can understand the grief of loosing friends. When I finally quit my job and began to get psych treatment I lost all my friends. I lost alot because of my symptoms. Thru the years its been difficult to accept myself as being worthy of maintaining any type of friendship/relationship. Accepting loss of my son, identity (confidence), career, respect from family, respect from community............... has been harder than the symptoms that plague me.

Your right in saying........."Where has everyone gone?" Ya' look to the right and look to the left, and find no one there.

Sorry to be so depressing and not much help.

Thanks for your words of support, all of you. It means alot - it really does.

I will trust what you say and believe that things will improve.

Thanks again.

Janey

:wub:

Archived