Mental Health Forums

Went Down A Bmi Category

hummm_mabbe

Umm mabbe this doesnt belong here but I just wanted peepulz to know because Im all proud ...

I was 89kg a few weeks ago, now I weigh 85.5kg - which means I have dropped from a BMI of about 28.5, to 27.7 :) I'm still in "overweight", but am now heading towards 'normal'. Hurray!! Thats about 8lbs or half a stone I lost, so that means I am getting healthy and things! It seems to be staying off too, so gonna keep walking walking and so on.

The less good news is that I ned to lose 10kg in order to get into "normal" ... thats 22 pounds .... :( Thing is I hide it all on my tummie area because I have some funny blood sugar thing. My dad is the same. I can look 'not chubbie' by wearing a jumper, so tis not too bad, but I want to be all buff and flat tummied and have wimmin go "oooh". Um

Yeh ^_^

That's really cool!

You have every reason to be proud of yourself.

If it makes you feel happy and you are not harming anyone, then why the hell not?!

:)

It's nice to be hear about people's achievements, it serves for me as encouragement - and so this truly is great news alround!

Keep up the good work, sweetness. :)

Remember - small steps.

Aaaaaand keep us posted. :)

Crip xx

Edit - Cause i can't spell.

Whoo thanks for the quick replies guys!

Yeah it has been coming off just by going walking everyday. Im tryin to do between 30 minutes to anything up to 2 hours if im feeling brave :) Thankfully theres lots of scenery here in aberdeen so it doesnt get dull. Not really changed my diet at all - Im just not sitting on my bottie like I used to :blink:

I have to edit my messages all the time too cuz my fingers like pressing the wrong buttons, for fun :(

Thats is so fab!! Good for others to see too that you CAN lose weight in a healthy way.

Lilly

I hope it continues to come off. I mean, I had a lot of flubberly that shouldnt be there. Im 5' 9" and did weigh 90kg - which is ridiculous cuz my healthy weight is about 75kg!! Somehow I dont look fat if I can hide my belly, cuz thats where it all sits. I heard some explnation about blood sugar and adrenaline, and the body stores more fat there when under stress becuz it needds all the extra energy in a the quickest to reach place for absorbing back into the gut ... apparently thats why I dont store fat anywhere except my belly :(

Soooo Im hoping I wont get weight loss slowing as I get back to normal region. Mabbe by then i will have to start running, but perhaps by then I will be so much healthier that the running wont be so difficult to keep up over weeks and months.

I dunno, I really wanna get my bellie flab off cuz its dangerous to have it there, like diabetes and heart probbles can come along :(

Thats great congratulations :D

i too lost almost 3 stone in 18 months.

Amy xx

Cor! I guess thats the way to do it - steady steady. I was told I shouldnt lose more than 2lbs a week, at first I was like NO WAY I NEED TO LOSE MORE but then I gave up so many times, and then accidentally discovered that walking made me lose weight. I was actually walking because of boredom and hating being stuck inside, so this was like a side effect :)

I knew about 6 months ago I need to lose about 2 stone but just couldnt get motivated. Sooo glad to hear it can work out and that it did for you - superstar :D

Hee Rossie to me you're McSteamy no matter what you weigh! ^_^

I'm proud of you for losing the weight though :) I know how good it feels! And I noticed you're only 2 inches taller than me :D That's so totally cool... I'm almost at pixie-height... :lol:

And losing 2 lbs a week is a LOT dude! That's like super super fast. I WISH I could lose 2 lbs a week! >.<

Anyhoo, yayyy for losing weight and being Mr. McHottestPixieOfPixieland!

*hughug*

Hee Rossie to me you're McSteamy no matter what you weigh! ^_^

I'm proud of you for losing the weight though :) I know how good it feels! And I noticed you're only 2 inches taller than me :D That's so totally cool... I'm almost at pixie-height... :lol:

And losing 2 lbs a week is a LOT dude! That's like super super fast. I WISH I could lose 2 lbs a week! >.<

Anyhoo, yayyy for losing weight and being Mr. McHottestPixieOfPixieland!

*hughug*

LOl I missed this reply! Awww thanks Lynn, thats sweet of you :)

Today I weighed 84.3kg at my morning weighing, so I lost another 1.1kg in the last 8 days! Whee. Thats 2.4 lbs! I am told that its healthy to lose about 2lbs a week :) Ive sorta got addicted to walking, which is good I guess. Getting addicteed to running just wasnt happening ....

Target weight is 75kg, so if I am losing a kilo a week then it will be mid february before I am there. Thats not too bad I suppose.

well done to you! that's really great.

did you know that food intolerances can also keep weight on? wheat, for instance, is really bad for this. With a wheat intolerance it can cause a person's body to retain water and really bloat, which also adds to keeping the weight on.

i gave up wheat entirely and lost the extra pounds.

just a thought.

janey

well done to you! that's really great.

did you know that food intolerances can also keep weight on? wheat, for instance, is really bad for this. With a wheat intolerance it can cause a person's body to retain water and really bloat, which also adds to keeping the weight on.

i gave up wheat entirely and lost the extra pounds.

just a thought.

janey

Oo the No Wheatey Diet huh? If I get stuck, I might give it a go :) Glad it worked for you

Today I weighed myself and I am 83kg :) Only 6.5kg to go and I will be out of 'overweight' BMI and into 'normal', and whilst that might sound like a lot, Ive lost roughly 6kg in the last month or so, so Im hoping that should come off fairly quickly :lol:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How are you doing this, dearie? Six kg in a month doesn't sound like gradual permanent healthy weight loss type of thing. Sorry to be the spoil sport, but these things need to be gone about the right way. Best is to re-see the whole lifestyle; obviously I haven't a clue what yours is or was like. Just hope you can say this for a really long time. I am losing weight now due to no fucking food, but that's down to poverty really. My muscles hurt, it's no fun. Really need to find a solution to this.

Tinseltown greetings, Rain x

How are you doing this, dearie? Six kg in a month doesn't sound like gradual permanent healthy weight loss type of thing. Sorry to be the spoil sport, but these things need to be gone about the right way. Best is to re-see the whole lifestyle; obviously I haven't a clue what yours is or was like. Just hope you can say this for a really long time. I am losing weight now due to no fucking food, but that's down to poverty really. My muscles hurt, it's no fun. Really need to find a solution to this.

Tinseltown greetings, Rain x

Oh you dont want to belive everything the commercial dieting people tell you. Thats more received wisdom, which as is often the case isnt actually true.

I only got fat because I stopped exercising - which I always used to love. The old mood topped it - but now Im back to exercising. Im just doing it by walking everyday, and as long as I maintain my exercise - walking, which I really love - and my (normal) diet, it'll stay off. The whole "no more than 2.2 lbs a week" thing just comes from people who diet - that is, cut out hundreds of calories. Its unhealthy because you are putting your body into emergency mode. However, if you are already overweight, and are simply burning more calories than taking by doing more exercise, the weight loss is just a reflection of your body changing to adapt to the exercise. Muscular, cardiovascular, metabolism - it all alters. Its not just about starving yourself to force the body into emergency and burn fat reserves - thats when its not sustainable and unhealthy. I eat normally, I just walk everyday. The walks help my mood too. If you read the internet articles about the 2 lb rule, they nearly always only talk about DIETARY weight loss. This is because most weight loss sites are aimed at women, and men use fat differently to women - we burn more through exercise than our sisters in arms.

Seriously, the whole only 2 pounds a week thing is just a rule of thumb, and when it comes to exercise and diet advice those rules of thumb change every week- how esle do you think "Muscle and Fitness" carries on selling copies? They just rehash what they have writeen 2000 times before. Want to lose weight? Cut out snacking and unhealthy foods, and increase your exercise levels. If food is a way of dealing with mental health problems for someone, then they have to look at overcoming comfrt eating in order to prevent taking in excess calories. The only thing I have stopped is eating loads of choccy - which I did for comfort. I eat normally, I walk everyday. Thats it.

Men burn more fat due to exercise than women - women have to do it through diet and so the limit to 2 pounds a week applies more to you than to guys. Its cos of the old testosterone and how we use fat.

If you read the artciles about why you have to stick to 2 lbs a week, it says that 1) if you lose more than that, you are burning muscle and 2) you will just put it all back on. I have a machine that tells me my BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate. This is the calories my body needs each day to maintain my muscle mass. Its 1888 Kcal - and thats what I eat. I add the exercise on top and hey presto - fat loss with muscle mass maintained. The machine tells me my muscle vs fat mass, and its fat that is decreasing. My muscle mass is staying the same. So the only thing to worry about is "will I put it back on?". Well, as Im only returning to the level of exercise I used to do before I stopped, and Im eatinmg normally, the loss will be sustainable unless I go back to sitting on my ass. Tis good!

Starving yourself isnt healthy, thats for sure ... hope you can get some money soon. Mabbe cut off the internet so you can afford food???

It's someone else's internet. Nothing is mine. I don't mind, it feels liberating to have no possessions.

Oh wow, you've turned me into a diet fanatic. When I was only relating it to my own weight, and how I lose or gain 6 kg. But I am at a healthy and somewhat stable weight so maybe the comparison isn't a good one. Nah, I don't read diet books or anything, dear. Throw that picture out the window. You are being all healthy and physically active. It's excess weight and it's heaving alright. Good! I haven't a clue about losing weight. I guess mine stay put - ish. Yeah, more muscle mass - but I have great muscles. Can't wait to build them up a bit more. Now I have no physical activity really, it took me around a week to arouse the motivation and energy to do the dishes. Some kind of dazy dissociative mess, and no sleeping-hardly eating/meds withdrawal.

Walking's great. Wish I could be doing it too... But I get icy cold feet, and there's no nice park around here. Grrr. You don't buy Muscly Men Mag, do you?

Have fun shifting that weight, dear one. Gone, daddy, gone, the weight is gone (that song popped into my head). I did mention I've gone crazy, right. Wasn't I meant to be ending this post? Umm. Well, yeah, greetings and that type of thing. Yeah...

It's someone else's internet. Nothing is mine. I don't mind, it feels liberating to have no possessions.

Oh wow, you've turned me into a diet fanatic. When I was only relating it to my own weight, and how I lose or gain 6 kg. But I am at a healthy and somewhat stable weight so maybe the comparison isn't a good one. Nah, I don't read diet books or anything, dear. Throw that picture out the window. You are being all healthy and physically active. It's excess weight and it's heaving alright. Good! I haven't a clue about losing weight. I guess mine stay put - ish. Yeah, more muscle mass - but I have great muscles. Can't wait to build them up a bit more. Now I have no physical activity really, it took me around a week to arouse the motivation and energy to do the dishes. Some kind of dazy dissociative mess, and no sleeping-hardly eating/meds withdrawal.

Walking's great. Wish I could be doing it too... But I get icy cold feet, and there's no nice park around here. Grrr. You don't buy Muscly Men Mag, do you?

Have fun shifting that weight, dear one. Gone, daddy, gone, the weight is gone (that song popped into my head). I did mention I've gone crazy, right. Wasn't I meant to be ending this post? Umm. Well, yeah, greetings and that type of thing. Yeah...

Back in my nutter fanatic exercise days I read Mens Fitness and that. I stopped buying them when I realised they always write the same stuff again and again :(

I really started walking in order to get out of the house - I just go in some direction and walk, then walk back again. Its a really nice way of swirching the ol brainie part off, I like to go somehwre different each time. The weight loss ended up as a useful side effect really.

Oooooooo muscles

:) :wub:

Jeez, I should do the human thing more efficiently. Like nutrients, hygiene, sleep and exercise. I seem to be going backwards in all categories. Don't even ask about needs beyond the "Bear necesseties, the simple Bear necessities... that make la la la la la...". Gulp - what a pickle I am in. My life in the pickle jar by Natasha. Bestseller of the month. Yay. Goodnight and all that. Hi.

Silly thing

Jeez, I should do the human thing more efficiently. Like nutrients, hygiene, sleep and exercise. I seem to be going backwards in all categories. Don't even ask about needs beyond the "Bear necesseties, the simple Bear necessities... that make la la la la la...". Gulp - what a pickle I am in. My life in the pickle jar by Natasha. Bestseller of the month. Yay. Goodnight and all that. Hi.

Silly thing

Lol

You've gone mad

But in an appealing way

EDIT: I love Diplo

Oi! Only 'qualified' ducks and geese can diagnose us going bonkers. Teacherrrrrrrrrr he's being a scam MH worker guy thingy! That'll teach you! Tsss tssss.

Be quiet and suck on this tablet. I know it tastes like window cleaner, makes your eyes go yellow and makes you dribble. Chew it then.

I have gone into a very odd state of mind, I think its time for a walk.

Yes! A fellow Fluckaloogezatorian! Great to bump into ya on these forums. Didn't know that two of us could have Hedgehog Disorder away with the fairies type. The chances of that happening! Miracles do happen, I suppose. We'll have to start speaking our mother tongue soon, eh, for old time's sake!

Yes! A fellow Fluckaloogezatorian! Great to bump into ya on these forums. Didn't know that two of us could have Hedgehog Disorder away with the fairies type. The chances of that happening! Miracles do happen, I suppose. We'll have to start speaking our mother tongue soon, eh, for old time's sake!

Languages. For now I feel like I have a grubeldeiner shoved up my borschnitz. Lets shoot the shaneet later..

Psychosis can be fun

You are clearly a magical pixie for you can get images in posts

Please can you use your powers to hex chavs, the american government and the local chip shop that was rude to me once.

Thank you

**bow bow doff doff**

Archived