Mental Health Forums

Anorexic Daughter

steve306

Hi everyone

First time that I have used a site like this so please bare with me!

My daughter has been diagnosed with Aorexia - she is fully aware of the seriousnes of the illness and is doing her best to combat the illness but is finding things very hard on her own.

What i would apreciate is any advise from other sufferers regarding regular face to face therapy meetings - we live in the Wakefield area of Yorkshire.

We have tried NHS but the time scale between appointments is much too long to be beneficial.

Hope someone out there can help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Steve.

Hi Steve

Your daughter is very lucky to have a parent so supportive like you!

Have you tried contacting b.eat or your local eating disorders support services? If yo log onto their website they usually will provide some suggestions as to where you can get treatment for your daughter. Or perhaps look for a local youth enquiry service which provides counselling?

Hope this helps and I hope your daughter makes a healthy recovery from the eating disorder

love

Dixie

hey steve i would suggust that u send a ticket in as i know the office of bpd is not far from wakefield and they might be able to suggust a service in there area or be able to offer u one

Hi Steve

Your daughter is very lucky to have a parent so supportive like you!

Have you tried contacting b.eat or your local eating disorders support services? If yo log onto their website they usually will provide some suggestions as to where you can get treatment for your daughter. Or perhaps look for a local youth enquiry service which provides counselling?

Hope this helps and I hope your daughter makes a healthy recovery from the eating disorder

love

Dixie

Hi Dixie

Thank you very much for your advise - I will look into the support groups that you have given.

Many thanks

Steve

Hi everyone

My daughter has been diagnosed with Aorexia - she is fully aware of the seriousnes of the illness and is doing her best to combat the illness but is finding things very hard on her own.

What i would apreciate is any advise from other sufferers regarding regular face to face therapy meetings - we live in the Wakefield area of Yorkshire.

We have tried NHS but the time scale between appointments is much too long to be beneficial.

Steve.

i cannot believe how much you love your daughter. my dad would never do something like this for me.

just try your hardest not to make her feel self conscious. she knows youre watching her. and dont tell anyone. anyone close to the family anyway. she'll know they know too. and she already feels bad and different. and probably a little weird. all i have to say is keep it in the circle.

Hi everyone

Steve.

i cannot believe how much you love your daughter. my dad would never do something like this for me.

just try your hardest not to make her feel self conscious. she knows youre watching her. and dont tell anyone. anyone close to the family anyway. she'll know they know too. and she already feels bad and different. and probably a little weird. all i have to say is keep it in the circle.

Hi

Many thanks for your advise, my daughter is quite open with her problem and my wife and I discuss the illness with her and her partner.

The rest of our famaly are aware of the situation and give support as and when they can.

The problem is she seems t have come to a standstill - she's not loosing weight but is not putting on any either, at the moment she is 6 stone.

She says that she feels that she has to find the key to the door that once opened will give her the answer to the problem? I hope that makes sence to you.

She is at the stage were she is fully aware of the situation and wants to gain weight but just cant bring herselfe to eat normally - she is happy to eat fruit etc for main meals and is constantly asking if she is been greedy after eating such items.

Anyway all we can do is support her all we can and hope in time she will overcome this illness.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Steve how old is you're daughter? I don't live 2 far away from Wakefield, i am in Dewsbury.....I think the office that someone else mentioned on here is in Huddersfield

Steve how old is you're daughter? I don't live 2 far away from Wakefield, i am in Dewsbury.....I think the office that someone else mentioned on here is in Huddersfield

Hi

My daughter is 27

Thank you for taking the time to contact me - since Christmas we have seen improvments! I have my fingers crossed that it will continue

Regards

Steve

Archived