Mental Health Forums

Stupid Question, About The Cabaret Film.

lauren18808

I don't know if anyone has seen that film. But Sally Bowles, unless I'm mistaken, is very BPD, or similar, right?

Don't ask why this is important. I was just watching it today, and I thought 'Wow, she's a lot like me' despite the fact that I don't dance in my underwear...well not publicly...that's not the point. The point is, she has this thing, in which she'll introduce herself to everyone in a similar way ('Do you have a cigerrette, I am just dying for one' or something similar) and she doesnt seem to have any shame or inhibitions, and she fears abandonment so desperately, yet can't stick to one person longer than a month or so. Not all of those are big BPD things I know, but I just think her character is so fascinating. I recommend it, If you can stomach musicals that is.

"Diddleee -dit-da-dee, two ladies, Diddleee -dit-da-dee, two ladies, ..."

Sorry about that...came over all Weimar BErlin...ehem... back to the point - yes, couldn't agree more. I think Holly Golightly (from Breakfast at Tiffany's) is also pretty BPD. I mean yeah they're fictional but the characteristics are there - flighty, mood swings, abandonment and intimacy issues, etc, etc.

yeah we did cabaret for our school play..at a girls school..my friend directed it..can you imagine the outrage when a line of school girls came on in frilly knickers and suspenders!

sally bowles is rather bps id say except she doesnt show THAT much desperation does she? i think she holds it together quite well for a bpd.

Archived